• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA changing terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSA changing terms

Just received an email from JSA saying that I have to move to their 'Plus' solution if I want JSA "to continue to administer the contributions to your private pension via an employer contribution". This will increase the JSA margin by £6.50 per week.

How can this be allowed, mid-way though my 'employment'?

Full email

We appreciate the relationship we have with you, and we hope you’re getting everything you need as an employee of JSA.

We’re writing to inform you that, from 10th January, we are including private pension and SIPP administration as part of our ‘Plus’ solution, which comes with various additional benefits, such as priority support and access to our personal accident insurance policy. Full details are available here.

Therefore, if you wish for JSA to continue to administer the contributions into your private pension via an employer contribution, we must move you onto our Plus Umbrella model, which will increase the JSA margin by £6.50 per week worked.

The Net effect of this margin change is only £3.49 per week.

However, this also comes with some additional benefits which you do not currently receive, which we set out in the link above.

All the usual benefits of JSA remain, including:
    • Continuity of employment across multiple roles
    • meaning one record of continuous employment and no need for emergency tax
    • assists with credit applications
    • tenancy and employment references
    • Industry leading employee benefit scheme
    • Compliance with employment and fiscal laws
    • Full employment rights, including (but not limited to) Statutory Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity, and pension opportunities
    • Holiday pay options
    • Various insurances provided as standard
    • Access to JSA between 8am and 8pm during the week, and 9am to 12pm Saturdays

What do you need to do now?

Nothing. Assuming you would like JSA to continue making employer contributions to your pension, we’ll make any necessary changes automatically.

You only need to contact us if you do not wish to move over to the Plus solution.

We appreciate and understand you may want to talk to us about this so please feel free to email or call us at [email protected] or 01923 257241

With kind regards

The JSA Team

Find another employer (Umbrella), resign from JSA and join the new one - you'll probably need to check your agency (assuming you're through one) will support the new Umbrella.

But, its only a few quid, so is it really worth it?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 16 December 2021, 11:14.

Comment

With the extra work involved, it probably ended up as break-even at best.

I doubt they'll find anywhere else much cheaper.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        With the extra work involved, it probably ended up as break-even at best.

I doubt they'll find anywhere else much cheaper.
        It's £26 extra a month.

So it will depend on what JSA were previously charging (they have so many rates it's hard to guess) but £90-110 a month seems the going rate for an umbrella that does salary sacrifice into a pension.
        Last edited by eek; 21 December 2021, 16:44.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How does Clarity charge? is it cheaper or more expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
            How does Clarity charge? is it cheaper or more expensive?
            Than what? RIsking someone who will bugger up your tax affairs, screw you over holiday pay, not allow a sensible salary sacrifice pension funding or generally be a pain to work with?

Clarity is none of the above, by all (and very reputable) accounts. Go mad and give then a call, and ask for Lucy. Tell them CUK sent you.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I just swallowed the JSA extra £6.50, I tried haggling but no joy. As I'm probably only working until the end of March I decided it wasn't worth sacking them.

On a different note has anybody had any issues with JSA lately, the service has been A1 until the last week when I've had various issues. They have blamed it on an IT upgrade but I'm wondering if it's another hacking case.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Tell them CUK sent you.
                they usually do -

Comment

Working...
                X