• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be careful when picking an FCSA umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    The FCSA changed their charter back in March (at the request of some members) to allow members to offer offshore schemes provided its no more than 25% of their business. and are understatements of my opinion

Full Computer Weekly article is up at IR35: FCSA defends Charter change that lets umbrella firms operate offshore setups (computerweekly.com) so I can finally talk and post about it.
    Why could you not talk about it before?

The article seems to have got the FCSA all het up... https://www.fcsa.org.uk/fcsa-respond...mputer-weekly/

Comment

Originally posted by KUWTC View Post

Why could you not talk about it before?

The article seems to have got the FCSA all het up... https://www.fcsa.org.uk/fcsa-respond...mputer-weekly/
      Because the person who told me about it got it from a third party and I was expecting them to make a bigger song and dance about it.

As for the FCSA article the FCSA audit has a fundamental flaw contained within it (the audit only looks at the details made available by the umbrella).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Because the person who told me about it got it from a third party and I was expecting them to make a bigger song and dance about it.

As for the FCSA article the FCSA audit has a fundamental flaw contained within it (the audit only looks at the details made available by the umbrella).
        I thought you were going to mention that one where the cost is so high and some elements which put the bar too high for for new smaller set ups to join but they can't reach that bar while FCSA requirement dominates the market
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

They’re peeved because it was brought out into the open, they probably thought that they had gotten away with it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            They’re peeved because it was brought out into the open, they probably thought that they had gotten away with it.
            there is more to it than that.

What would be more interesting to know is why did some umbrella firms want the change?
            Why didn't FCSA's management think about how the change would look?
            Why didn't the FCSA mention that the charter had changed to its existing members?

Comment

There is also this:

Biggest Ever Fraud In The Employment History Of The United Kingdom - Self Confession Of Phil Pluck

<link removed>
              STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

So that's a pile of insults on a website pretending to be the FCSAs...

Sorry but it really does not do you and any argument you may have any favours.

Comment

Ah, fell for it... My bad
                  STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                    Ah, fell for it... My bad
                    Yet you haven't edited / deleted the previous post to remove the link

Comment

Yet you haven't edited / deleted the previous post to remove the link
                      I've done the needful.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X