• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RM Umbrella / Fair Pay / Pendragon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RM Umbrella / Fair Pay / Pendragon

HI All

Has anyone got any experience with the umbrellas advertised on Contrctor UK ?

https://www.contractoruk.com/directo...companies.html

Are the endorsed or just Ads, couldn't find any reviews on the below ones;

RM Umbrella
    Fair Pay
    Pendragon

Thanks

They aren’t endorsed but they are checked out, although that’s not perfect so you’ll need to do your own due diligence (which is the point of your question ).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We've heard of Pendragon alright. Elbows deep in the mess that was Crystal Umbrella going bust. Looks like they took on their contractors and then gave them back to the same guy that ran Crystal in some weird deal. Some odd goings on with Unium, Auqabubble, Crystal and lord knows what.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...ml#post2602908

I'd strike that one off.

They are just ads. CUK doesn't endorse umbrellas unless it's for money (i.e. it's an advert)

Why are you asking? Are you looking for a new brolly? If so go with Clarity Umbrella.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        They aren’t endorsed but they are checked out, although that’s not perfect so you’ll need to do your own due diligence (which is the point of your question ).
        Given that Pro-quest are still advertising on here I would love to know what the checks are?

I think the advice we give on the forum (which means posters who have a clue and don't have a material interesting in profiteering from adverts) is that most umbrella firms are dodgy as ..... - but we trust Clarity and Fairpay seem honest if the agency won't allow you to use Clarity.
        Last edited by eek; 8 July 2021, 16:49.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Given that Pro-quest are still advertising on here I would love to know what the checks are?

I think the advice we give on the forum (which means posters who have a clue and don't have a material interesting in profiteering from adverts) is that most umbrella firms are dodgy as ..... - but we trust Clarity and Fairpay seem honest if the agency won't allow you to use Clarity.
          Do you have previous experience of fairpay?

Comment

Originally posted by RajaStyle View Post

Do you have previous experience of fairpay?
            I have never worked through then but I'm talking to an awful lot of umbrella companies at the moment and I would trust fairpay.

Given what we earn though - use Clarity unless you have zero choice and if the agency is insisting on a very limited selection ask them to explain in detail why?
            Last edited by eek; 12 July 2021, 07:18.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Awww thank you all RajaStyle just let me know if I can help talk you through anything.

Comment

Working...
              X