• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running 2 contracts through one umbrella company...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running 2 contracts through one umbrella company...

New poster....long time lurker.

I'm in the position where I'm about to have x2 Inside IR35 contracts....fortunately one is very flexible in in terms of working hours and who does the work yada yada....

Now i'm already with an umbrella company for contract A but would ideally for ease of use etc want to run contract B through it also. Now if I were to go this route then surely I should only pay the umbrellas fee once and also employers NI once...covering both contracts?

Has anyone done this before with great or not so success?

Why not talk to your brolly and ask them? There is no "surely", there's only what you can negotiate. They have more overhead running two employments than just one, so my guess is that you won't get anything more than a small discount. If you're lucky.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well employer NI is just a deduction which you pay over the total amount for that tax period (week or month depending on how you are being paid).

Umbrella fees are a matter of negotiation some will charge a single fee, some won't - it depends on how they work and how nicely you ask them.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You might want to look at this thread, which has a similar discussion (specifically on page 2):
        Can I do 2 Inside IR35 contracts at a time(1st with limited comp & 2nd with umbrella) - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

As ladymuck said there, it's worth looking at your pension contributions if you use the same umbrella for both contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCRM View Post
          Now i'm already with an umbrella company for contract A but would ideally for ease of use etc want to run contract B through it also. Now if I were to go this route then surely I should only pay the umbrellas fee once and also employers NI once...covering both contracts?
          We have contractors on board who wait for both funds to come in to then receive payment, hence only one payroll. It also then prevents 2 payments in one tax month, which in turn will give less grief in terms of tax codes, so a much cleaner option. Definitely a conversation to be had with your umbrella as to be best as most cost effective way to process both.

Comment

Working...
          X