• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Genie hasn't paid me, blaming my agency. Agency blaming Orange Genie. Help!

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a pickle and would love some advice!

I've been working via Orange Genie since Feb. Everything's been fine, but all of a sudden last week I just didn't get paid. I called OG on Thursday to ask why and they said they'd get back to me, but no one did. I called again on Friday and again they said they'd get it sorted that day, but I got ignored the rest of the day.

I've called again today and they're blaming my agency for not having sent them anything since 26th June - except I've already spoken to my agency about this and they said they've sent everything over to OG and aren't sure why they're saying they don't have it.

The person I spoke to earlier at OG was pretty rude and sounded like he couldn't be bothered to get this sorted, just saying 'oh we're chasing it up'. I'm really concerned about this and not sure who to speak to - and in the meantime I'm left without any money.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. Oh and I've now read all the terrible reviews of OG and will be switching umbrella when my contract likely gets extended in a couple of weeks.

Are you normally paid weekly or monthly?
    What is the contractual date of payment?
    Have you just used phone calls, or have any of these discussions happened by email?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Get a zoom meeting sorted with a representative of the agency and OG on it to thrash it out face to face.

In the meantime speak to Clarity Umbrella and get your onboarding started.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueblue45 View Post
        Hi all, I'm in a bit of a pickle and would love some advice!

I've been working via Orange Genie since Feb. Everything's been fine, but all of a sudden last week I just didn't get paid. I called OG on Thursday to ask why and they said they'd get back to me, but no one did. I called again on Friday and again they said they'd get it sorted that day, but I got ignored the rest of the day.

I've called again today and they're blaming my agency for not having sent them anything since 26th June - except I've already spoken to my agency about this and they said they've sent everything over to OG and aren't sure why they're saying they don't have it.

The person I spoke to earlier at OG was pretty rude and sounded like he couldn't be bothered to get this sorted, just saying 'oh we're chasing it up'. I'm really concerned about this and not sure who to speak to - and in the meantime I'm left without any money.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. Oh and I've now read all the terrible reviews of OG and will be switching umbrella when my contract likely gets extended in a couple of weeks.
        Do you have a named person to deal with - as I would be speaking to them rapidly to check what the issue is and that you know the money was received last week.

You have just discovered the reason I hate umbrella companies, when things go wrong they have a habit of really, really going wrong...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you got a signed time sheet or confirmation that the client has approved the hours/days worked in the period?

If yes, then I would check your contract of employment with OG as it is likely to confirm that you should be paid at least the NMW but could be higher depending on the terms.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Are you normally paid weekly or monthly?
            What is the contractual date of payment?
            Have you just used phone calls, or have any of these discussions happened by email?
            I'm usually paid weekly. Orange Genie has '30 day payment terms'. And I've chased up by phone call and email. Orange Genie don't reply to emails it seems but I have in writing from my agency that they've sent the money over to to Orange Genie.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionChris View Post
              Have you got a signed time sheet or confirmation that the client has approved the hours/days worked in the period?

If yes, then I would check your contract of employment with OG as it is likely to confirm that you should be paid at least the NMW but could be higher depending on the terms.
              Thanks for this. Yes I do, I have all my approved timesheets for the weeks following the 26th June. If I accept the NMW payment, I get the rest of it after this is sorted out right? Sorry if this is a silly question!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionChris View Post

Umbrellas will only be paying you when the money arrives from the agency, given current risk levels few umbrellas will be paying money out before it arrives...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Do you have a named person to deal with - as I would be speaking to them rapidly to check what the issue is and that you know the money was received last week.

You have just discovered the reason I hate umbrella companies, when things go wrong they have a habit of really, really going wrong...
                  I have, I've spoken to the contractor support team at OG every working day since Thurs and they don't seem to care much about this. My agency have emailed me saying they've given OG all the info they need and sent the money and they don't understand why they can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Umbrellas will only be paying you when the money arrives from the agency, given current risk levels few umbrellas will be paying money out before it arrives...
                    Thanks Eek - I understand your point however I would still suggest the OP checks their contract of employment including assignment confirmation note that they signed.

Comment

Working...
                    X