• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reprisal fears?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andymalory View Post

I agree with ensuring you have a strong case before even starting. But again, the point I'm trying to get over is that some may be deterred from bringing a case to the ET regardless of its merits, because of fears of reprisal or just generally don't like being in the public domain.
    It's actually more negative for the company.

For example if you pursued a company for something like unlawful deduction of wages, then anyone who did a search for them on that website saw the information and then had dealings with the company would be careful to ensure that they got paid/their wages from them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I don’t see any problem with anyone seeing my day rate (it’s the going rate for my skill set with 20+ years of expertise).
      This is where we differ. I'm not convinced many people would be happy with their pay being known by others unless they specifically choose the people to disclose this to.

Comment

This is where we differ. I'm not convinced many people would be happy with their pay being known by others unless they specifically choose the people to disclose this to.
        It’s the choice you take - the final judgement of a tribunal is public which means if you want the money the figures need to be explicitly spelled out.

and again I see another post where I wonder exactly what you real aim is on here because you really seem to be clueless and unwilling to listen to those who actually understand this stuff
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And if a similar job appeared on a job site, with a rate against it, is that not going to be a hint as to roughly what their pay is?

Me: Eek works as a window cleaner in Canary Wharf, I wonder how much he gets paid?
          Advert: We are hiring window cleaners for £45-55 per hour working in Canary Wharf
          Me: Well, that was easier to find out than having to stalk him, trawl through to some obscure government webpage, search by the name of the company he was working for, then scroll down to see if I can find him and then read through documents to see if he's ever had a tribunal against them where he didn't understand what he was doing.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It’s the choice you take - the final judgement of a tribunal is public which means if you want the money the figures need to be explicitly spelled out.

and again I see another post where I wonder exactly what you real aim is on here because you really seem to be clueless and unwilling to listen to those who actually understand this stuff
            No particular aim, but I enjoy challenging my own perspective on things. Just because I disagree, doesn't mean I'm clueless - and why in particular do you think you might understand this stuff better than I? Unless we know each other???

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

And if a similar job appeared on a job site, with a rate against it, is that not going to be a hint as to roughly what their pay is?

Me: Eek works as a window cleaner in Canary Wharf, I wonder how much he gets paid?
              Advert: We are hiring window cleaners for £45-55 per hour working in Canary Wharf
              Me: Well, that was easier to find out than having to stalk him, trawl through to some obscure government webpage, search by the name of the company he was working for, then scroll down to see if I can find him and then read through documents to see if he's ever had a tribunal against them where he didn't understand what he was doing.
              Fair point - but not all roles/salaries are as visible as others.

Comment

No particular aim, but I enjoy challenging my own perspective on things. Just because I disagree, doesn't mean I'm clueless - and why in particular do you think you might understand this stuff better than I? Unless we know each other???
                It certainly sounds like it when you've been told the same thing by every single person in this thread and you are still banging on about it. We see this alot so we've a pretty dim opinion of the people when they do it.

It will end by the thread getting locked as you've had your answer, you haven't listened and carried on to the point the thread is no longer useful and get's locked, which, hy the way it has so could a mod do the needful?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can't be bothered to read the entire thread, but I've just taken out a Professional Standards complaint against my local police force which has me thinking about potential knock-on with contracts as policing is the area most of my contracts has been over the last few years.

Current force is my local one (last time I worked for them was as a permie consultant years ago) but the complaint I've made could, if my local force play serious hardball, have a (negative but non-criminal) effect on my PNC record.

But hay....lets go for it. IOPC next step if I feel 'victimised' because of my complaint

Comment

So the OP is just engaging in 'What if-ery'?!

Comment

Working...
                    X