• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG and QDOS can save the day with IR35 insurance for agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

However its one thing to insure 100,000 contractors for £25,000 each on average, its another to insure 1,000 agencies for £2m each.
    Sounds like a great business opportunity to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
      Not when you understand what a following notice would do to that insurance bill....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I believe the argument goes that Ipse are more than just an insurance product, but I've been contracting for 20 years and have yet to meet a member who joined for anything other than the insurance they offer.
        I know quite a few...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I think this one should go to General.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The devil is in the detail. When IR35 was first announced, one of the biggest questions was who would be liable. It was mooted even then that it would be the client or the agent. If the checks don't change though, contractors buying insurance to protect their agency/client against IR35 might work.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In fact the more the merrier, at a certain level of take up it won't even matter if the IR35 cases are won or lost. HMRC are undertaking around a couple of hundred investigations a year, spread that cost, including losses, across over a million freelancers and it becomes a small price for contractors to pay. A BUPA for IR35.

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Not when you understand what a following notice would do to that insurance bill....
              I’d like to think each case has to be judged on its own merits, but I agree things like APNs make me think that HMRC wouldn’t take such an insurance laying down and would try to bulldoze through it.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              The devil is in the detail. When IR35 was first announced, one of the biggest questions was who would be liable. It was mooted even then that it would be the client or the agent. If the checks don't change though, contractors buying insurance to protect their agency/client against IR35 might work.
              Yes unfortunately I remember those days well. It resulted in the ballooning of the offshore scheme, which is what makes me think someone will come up with something to get around these rules, whether or not it works is another matter.

Will be interested to see the detail. Fortunately, I’m not in the public sector and have worked hard to build a healthy plan B that will protect me going forward no matter what happens to contracting.

Comment

In fact the more the merrier, at a certain level of take up it won't even matter if the IR35 cases are won or lost. HMRC are undertaking around a couple of hundred investigations a year, spread that cost, including losses, across over a million freelancers and it becomes a small price for contractors to pay. A BUPA for IR35.

You are just talking rubbish now.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X