• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website

Basic website is up https://thefutureofcontracting.co.uk/

I will add content to the 3 read more pages tonight. rather ruined my weekend...
    Last edited by eek; 1 September 2015, 13:05.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Oh interesting. I wait with bated breath...

It's not just going to be a big clock counting down is it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Oh interesting. I wait with bated breath...

It's not just going to be a big clock counting down is it?
      Nope...

Probably a timeline explaining what happens when

April 2016
      Travel and subsistence changes.
      Expenses can no longer be claimed. You will need to pay them from your own pocket so will need to either increase your salary or pay more dividends to cover those costs.
      This will probably result in you going into the higher tax bands and even having to pay back child benefit.

April 2017
      Changes to IR35
      The end client will now determine whether the work you are doing is subject to IR35 or not. The system as suggested will result in most end clients determining that you are subject to IR35.
      You will no longer be able to pay yourself via dividends and will only be able to pay yourself via PAYE including both Employees and Employers NI costs.

That should be enough to scare people...

Then there will be the same for agencies and for end clients suitable changed to show them the impact it will have for them.

Comment

If anyone wants to help please PM me...

Comment

Stickied...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Stickied...
            Perhaps wait till the site is up? People might visit, see nothing, and not bother returning.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Perhaps wait till the site is up? People might visit, see nothing, and not bother returning.
              can confirm: have visited, seen nothing, will not return

Comment

It's still visible without without the stickie.

I don't think eek will lose too many readers over the course of the afternoon.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

ok i returned

Comment

website updated with a timeline for contractors, agencies and end clients.

Anyone additional scary points happily received and added..

Comment

Working...
                    X