• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can 'read more' for contractors, but I can't 'read more' for end clients or agencies.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

"It is very possible contractors will have to be paid via the agency’s internal payroll."

[man in street]

So what ?

If I wander into any agency and they send me off to ABC plc as a window cleaner/carer/driver/etc that is exactly what happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        "It is very possible contractors will have to be paid via the agency’s internal payroll."

[man in street]

So what ?

If I wander into any agency and they send me off to ABC plc as a window cleaner/carer/driver/etc that is exactly what happen now.
        Ask that to your typical agency who binned payroll 10 years as it is a utter pain of a job to do...

The page outlines the scenario to 3 sets of people to show:-

The impact it has to contractors (less money, more hassle may as well join a consultancy)

The impact it has to end clients (good luck HMRC filling your technical requirements in Newcastle)...

The impact it has to agencies (all those bits of work you offloaded for years are suddenly yours to deal with again)...

Yep man on street won't see the issue regarding payroll. Agency owners will....
        Last edited by eek; 1 September 2015, 13:25.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I like how the "things you can do" section is blank.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I like how the "things you can do" section is blank.
            Well you can either be mean or helpful.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Basic website is up https://thefutureofcontracting.co.uk/

I will add content to the 3 read more pages tonight. rather ruined my weekend...
              Any reason you sent it to HTTPS?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Any reason you sent it to HTTPS?
                Yep because it didn't cost anything... Why?

Comment

Sadly work has consumed the last 24 hours and I've not had time to finish the pages off.

I won't get a chance now as I'm off on holiday to the 10th. If however anyone wants to do anything and wants access to the website pm me and I'll create an account for you...

I was planning to add Lisa's letter suggestions to the read more pages but I've not had a chance....

Comment

Sadly work has consumed the last 24 hours and I've not had time to finish the pages off.

I won't get a chance now as I'm off on holiday to the 10th. If however anyone wants to do anything and wants access to the website pm me and I'll create an account for you...

I was planning to add Lisa's letter suggestions to the read more pages but I've not had a chance....
                    Enjoy your holiday. I PMed you.

I'll start with a series of requirements workshops
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Still waiting .....
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X