• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of the road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dynamicsaxcontractor View Post
    If it wasn't for the stupid idea of the FLC I might have shared the document
    yeah, that'll show IPSE!

Comment

Are people planning to respond to the consultation(s) as individuals too? Or are we better to let the pros deal with this - quality, quantity or both?

Comment

re: FLC nonsense. I've responded to the survey, said I "strongly disagree" with the concept and trust that if the majority of members do the same, it won't go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
          Are people planning to respond to the consultation(s) as individuals too? Or are we better to let the pros deal with this - quality, quantity or both?
          I think the more individual responses the better. but having read how responses have been misused in the past keep them short, unambiguous and to the point..

The above is one reason why I want mine in public view. So that it cannot be abused...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
            I've already responded to both T&S and IR35 consulations and written to my MP twice.

The 'pros' will deal with this as well with a coordinated industry response, but IMHO I think making as much noise as possible as individuals is a good idea by highlighting how/why the proposals will damage your business and how they will not meet policy objectives.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Forward to you contractors friends

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/end-of-the-road
              It would be helpful if there were links to the actual survey on the page.

Originally posted by IPSE
              You can help us do this by responding to us via this page on our website and completing our Policy survey here.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                It would be helpful if there were links to the actual survey on the page.
                It has been raised...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  It has been raised...
                  I have to say their tech guys haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently. First they lost all the email survey results, now it looks like they can't get a simple web page right.

It doesn't inspire confidence.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I have to say their tech guys haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently. First they lost all the email survey results, now it looks like they can't get a simple web page right.

It doesn't inspire confidence.
                    Maybe they should hire a couple of contractors to sort it before its too late......

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      But if the best you lot can come up with is cheap jokes and insults (and I've now had those from every CC member who posts here except TF, MS and Coconut)...
                      So really just the one CC member then? (And he's short tempered with everyone!)
                      Last edited by mudskipper; 28 August 2015, 12:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X