• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of the road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Hang on, that was not an insult - not by a long way sir - I was encouraging people you join the eek party

Deleted what post ?
    Yes, I think that you may be a little too sensitive about this eek.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      a lottle, imo

Comment

Originally posted by yakitoo View Post
        That is not too much of a problem for me (more a PITA), it's the loss of overnight accommodation costs that really stings. Permies get those costs paid with no argument.
        If my employer as a permies send my to Aberdeen - part of the job not getting to/from then claimable.

if I chose to take a job in Aberdeen and stayed away then not claimable.

I dont really see any reasons why it should be different for anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          If my employer as a permies send my to Aberdeen - part of the job not getting to/from then claimable.

because BigCo's help to write the legislation, not LittleCo's

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            To be fair, you've been known to have couple of digs at IPSE.

I think the purpose of the leaflet is to raise awareness amongst the majority of contractors who are probably blissfully unaware of the impending doom. That can only be a good thing, and IPSE have the resources and budget to do this. I don't care if people respond through IPSE, eek+chums or independently, but making them aware in the first place is half the battle, and a good spend of members' money IMO.
            We need a better name than 'eek and chums'

Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Sorry but a 1 man army is an insult.... It implies either a fool's errand or something no one else is supporting...

Yes I might be being sensitive, I also might not like looking at the 100 or so hours I'm going to lose over the next month thinking I really don't want to do this but needs must...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Any suggestions ?
                Dunno, maybe he can come up with something latin that doesn't quite fit.

Comment

Any suggestions ?
                  thefutureofcontracting.co.uk ... its an available domain and avoids anything too close to pcg / ipse ......

We don't need anything for long. Just long enough to support the writing of the T&S consultation response, the IR35 discussion response and any response to the IR35 consultation that may follow.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

FLC

If it wasn't for the stupid idea of the FLC I might have shared the document, but as it stands now IPSE needs to be sorted as well. My membership runs out in 6 months and unless they get their act together there is no way I renew.

eek has done more for me then IPSE ever done!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post

Permie would look to buy or long term lease (if they have any sense). Not really much of an option on 3-6 month gigs.

Comment

Working...
                      X