• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Software to convert MP4 to MP3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software to convert MP4 to MP3

I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers
    Isn't that illegal?

Comment

Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Isn't that illegal?
        Nope, DRM removal is not illegal in the UK. Curiously, format shifting still is. Bonkers eh?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.
          Yep the music was originally bought from iTunes a while ago. I didn't know you could un-drm in iTunes, I've not used it in a long while because its a pile of crap stuffed with tulip.

Thanks Mule.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Cheers
            Mplayer on Linux. I'm not sure if there is a version for Windows and if there is one, it wouldn't remove the DRM.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Bit of a faff I'll admit though.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Bit of a faff I'll admit though.
                yeah i did read about that, I was hoping that someone had used something like aimersoft. There are plenty of "reviews" for it but all seem to be very similar; landing pages to promote the site. So not sure I really trust them.

Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Google Requiem.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Google Requiem.
                    So i guess you have used it?

You have to install Java, so im not going near it.

Cheers though.

Comment

Working...
                    X