• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software to convert MP4 to MP3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software to convert MP4 to MP3

I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers
    Isn't that illegal?

Comment

Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Isn't that illegal?
        Nope, DRM removal is not illegal in the UK. Curiously, format shifting still is. Bonkers eh?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.
          Yep the music was originally bought from iTunes a while ago. I didn't know you could un-drm in iTunes, I've not used it in a long while because its a pile of crap stuffed with tulip.

Thanks Mule.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Cheers
            Mplayer on Linux. I'm not sure if there is a version for Windows and if there is one, it wouldn't remove the DRM.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Bit of a faff I'll admit though.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Bit of a faff I'll admit though.
                yeah i did read about that, I was hoping that someone had used something like aimersoft. There are plenty of "reviews" for it but all seem to be very similar; landing pages to promote the site. So not sure I really trust them.

Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Google Requiem.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Google Requiem.
                    So i guess you have used it?

You have to install Java, so im not going near it.

Cheers though.

Comment

Working...
                    X