• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Software to convert MP4 to MP3"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by captainham View Post
    Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Bit of a faff I'll admit though.
    That was my one and only experience of iTunes. I bought an MP3 audio course that I wanted to play in the car, but the only possible way was to burn audio CDs from iTunes and then re-encode. But it needed 6 audio CDs, and iTunes, POS that it is, would only burn them all in one go and crashed frequently whilst in the middle. About 20 CDs later, and I finally had my set of 6 only then to discover iTunes hadn't respected the tracks at all. It did ultimately work, but never again.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Not a realistic option if we're talking loads of music here, but you could burn an audio CD from the MP4 tracks, then re-import the now-DRMless CD in whatever format you choose in your imported, MP3, etc.

Burn to an ISO image then use a virtual CD drive to re-import

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Google Requiem.
    So i guess you have used it?

You have to install Java, so im not going near it.

Cheers though.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Google Requiem.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

yeah i did read about that, I was hoping that someone had used something like aimersoft. There are plenty of "reviews" for it but all seem to be very similar; landing pages to promote the site. So not sure I really trust them.

Thanks for the advice though.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers
    Mplayer on Linux. I'm not sure if there is a version for Windows and if there is one, it wouldn't remove the DRM.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.
    Yep the music was originally bought from iTunes a while ago. I didn't know you could un-drm in iTunes, I've not used it in a long while because its a pile of crap stuffed with tulip.

Thanks Mule.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Isn't that illegal?
    Nope, DRM removal is not illegal in the UK. Curiously, format shifting still is. Bonkers eh?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Is your MP4 from iTunes? IIRC, you can un-drm your music in the store.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I want to convert my MP4 music to MP3 so I can play them on my new Windows 8 Phone. So I'm after software that will remove the DRM and convert.

Can anyone recommend software that’s straightforward to use, no spyware, malware etc. I don't mind paying for it and it can be a mac or windows app. I’ve searched on Google but I’m after recommendations.

Cheers
    Isn't that illegal?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    started a topic Software to convert MP4 to MP3

Software to convert MP4 to MP3

Cheers

Working...
X