• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ice Cream Sandwich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Cream Sandwich

Has the notification that ICS is ready for my HTC Sensation, ran the upgrade and so far so good, like most people I assume the first thing I set up face recognition to unlock the screen, iOS users expect to see that some time next year
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Mega-gimmick though surely? Sounds like something you'd turn on then get sick of when it's fickle
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Face unlock seems incredibly over-rated to me.

If you're sat at a wedding / funeral / business meeting and want to surreptitiously check the cricket score, it's much easier to do a crafty swipe to unlock a phone than to have to point it at your face and have it take a picture of you before unlocking.

Plus, it isn't that reliable - you can unlock it with a photo held up to the camera.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

*awaits vodafone to release update for Galaxy S2*
        Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          *awaits vodafone to release update for Galaxy S2*
          I'm waiting for Samsung to release it for the Galaxy S2. My phone isn't tied down to any provider, so I should get it before the vendor provided S2's. If I get it, I'll try and let you know.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Face unlock seems incredibly over-rated to me.

If you're sat at a wedding / funeral / business meeting and want to surreptitiously check the cricket score, it's much easier to do a crafty swipe to unlock a phone than to have to point it at your face and have it take a picture of you before unlocking.

Plus, it isn't that reliable - you can unlock it with a photo held up to the camera.
            WHS

I'd turn that off and go back to the normal passcode if it came to the iPhone. I heard recently about a patent for a mobile screen that could read fingerprints. That could be ok if it worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              I'm waiting for Samsung to release it for the Galaxy S2. My phone isn't tied down to any provider, so I should get it before the vendor provided S2's. If I get it, I'll try and let you know.
              It came out last week for S2 unlocked, IIRC.

http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integ...2548&cdsite=ph
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                WHS

I'd turn that off and go back to the normal passcode if it came to the iPhone. I heard recently about a patent for a mobile screen that could read fingerprints. That could be ok if it worked well.
                You can still override it and put in a passcode so checking the football scores is still safe

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

o2 is there

O2 Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS update
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Hmm so far so good, however I think I might have too many text messages left on my phone, everytime I try to open them it crashes

Comment

Working...
                    X