• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd IE8 problem??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd IE8 problem??

If I view CUK via Chrome or Firefox everything is fine but when I use IE8 the newest post is 6 hours old?? I first noticed this yesterday but thought it was website problem.

WTF is going on?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Using IE8 and seems ok to me assuming you did post this about 20 mins ago.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Using IE8 and seems ok to me assuming you did post this about 20 mins ago.
      No mater what I do the first post in General is this one:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...haun_bhoy.html

Which is actually 3 days old??? WTF?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Right this is feckin' weird, if I go to BBC NEWS | News Front Page the stories are 3 days old?

It's as if IE has entered a different time zone.

Comment

Done a windows update and cleared cookies, ok now.

I could google for BBC news yet when I clicked on the link it went back 3 days.

Comment

Are you on a Hawaiian island perchance??

Comment

Sounds like it's trapped in an episode of Lost to me. Has the island moved again?

More seriously what settings are you using for CUK in the date/time section? With vBulletin sites I usually end up setting DST on/off manually.
              Last edited by Sysman; 27 May 2010, 10:05.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Sounds to me like Threaded's been up to his old tricks again

Comment

Is it this?
                  Google users are complaining of a search bug that prevents them from returning to the company's web-dominating search engine via their browser "back" buttons.

The company has acknowledged the bug, saying it affects users running Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8, and it plans to roll out a fix today.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Is it this?
                    No, but this is.

Comment

Working...
                    X