• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Magic, HD2 or iPhone ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read a detailed review on the desire last night on tech radar - it's looking impressive. Will wait a few more days to hopefully get some user reviews, but I'm going for the desire at the moment.

Comment

Orange have announced a black one - but it is not out until the end of April. I don't know if I will be able to hold out that long Want one now!!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Orange have announced a black one - but it is not out until the end of April. I don't know if I will be able to hold out that long Want one now!!
        Move to t-mobile. Simples.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
          Move to t-mobile. Simples.
          Got mine and my good lady's on my business account and hers is tied in to a relatively new package so not an option at the mo. I am not worried really. The phone I have is adequate but the desire looks so nice! To be off WinMo will be relief too.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Got mine and my good lady's on my business account and hers is tied in to a relatively new package so not an option at the mo. I am not worried really. The phone I have is adequate but the desire looks so nice! To be off WinMo will be relief too.
            My wife's mobile bill is so cheap each month, it's not worth moving her onto a different package.

T-mobile initially only offered a 24 month contract if I wanted to cut to £35 a month, or £40 pre month for an 18 month contract. Eventually talked them into £35/month for 18 months and a free phone.

Roll on Thursday.....

Comment

iPhone HD to be announced on 22/06/10: rumour

That said, the only phone to have tempted me from my iPhone 3G of late is the HTC Desire. Looks damn tasty. I'd be interested to hear reports from those that have picked one up.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                My wife's mobile bill is so cheap each month, it's not worth moving her onto a different package.

T-mobile initially only offered a 24 month contract if I wanted to cut to £35 a month, or £40 pre month for an 18 month contract. Eventually talked them into £35/month for 18 months and a free phone.

Roll on Thursday.....
                Lucky sod! I think my upgrade was too early to start any negotiations with regards the desire. Still with the sim only and what i paid for the phone it works out way cheaper than the contract for 18 months.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Lets have those reviews of the desire then! I need to be ordering mine asap - currently 95% convinced it's the way forward.

Comment

wait for the iphone '4G' , rumoured to be out in May...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                      Lets have those reviews of the desire then! I need to be ordering mine asap - currently 95% convinced it's the way forward.
                      Once I get home, I'll try it out. Anything in particular you are expecting it to do? Do you facebook / twitter / chat? IIRC, HTC have some software that threads it all together (which is missing from the Nexus One).

I'm upgrading from a G1 to the Desire, so I'm not expecting too much change, to be honest, apart from the quicker processor and lack of a real keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X