• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problem with new iPod Nano

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    OK - so sorted out the -124 problem by turning off and on the Apple Mobile Device in Services.

Sorted out the non-syncing problem by pulling out the (powered) hub and plugging directly into the motherboard usb.

And it appears to be syncing my itune songs despite the pop-up box saying otherwise, but will confirm this once it's finished...
    yay

Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

And it appears to be syncing my itune songs despite the pop-up box saying otherwise, but will confirm this once it's finished...
      It's synced some but not others.

So to summarise - had no problems at all with my 2nd generation Nano.

Shiny new 4th generation Nano is an absolute pile of pants....
      Last edited by cojak; 27 April 2009, 16:16.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What an absolute pile of pants....
        do you have the "manually manage" box ticked in iTunes?
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
          do you have the "manually manage" box ticked in iTunes?
          No - the others are what the pop-up box mentioned, but I have no idea why they were selected as 'not authorised'.

I have 100 songs that I need to keep my old iPod for...
          Last edited by cojak; 27 April 2009, 16:35.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

No - the others are what the pop-up box mentioned, but I have no idea why they were selected as 'not authorised'.

I have 100 songs that I need to keep my old iPod for...
            Have you tried de-authorising all your computers? Go into iTunes, click on your account information. How many computers does it say are authorised to play music purchased with this account? If it's 5, I think you get the option to de-authorise them all. Then play one purchased track and enter your account info to re-authorise.

Comment

So to summarise - had no problems at all with my 2nd generation Nano.

Shiny new 4th generation Nano is an absolute pile of pants....
              Looks nice tho? My problem with most things Apple is style and little substance
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
                Have you tried de-authorising all your computers? Go into iTunes, click on your account information. How many computers does it say are authorised to play music purchased with this account? If it's 5, I think you get the option to de-authorise them all. Then play one purchased track and enter your account info to re-authorise.
                Will try that when I get home.

Ta interested...

Comment

I have a PC where my iPod only works on one of the USB ports - the others seem to have "bad drivers" (??) associated with them after failed attempts to install the iPod first time around. Symptom same as yours - didn't recognise the new hardware. What cack.

Comment

Working...
                  X