• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Answer to Snooky’s question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer to Snooky’s question

Install Linux (Mint is a good one) or pay for an M$ license.

(and I would have promptly removed your question anyway, so nothing lost on that score…)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Install Linux (Mint is a good one) or pay for an M$ license.

(and I would have promptly removed your question anyway, so nothing lost on that score…)
    Thanks - Linux isn't really an option as the PC will be used by other non-techies who are just used to Windows. I'm quite happy to pay for a legal way of getting a M$ install, of which buying the OS from M$ is possibly the most expensive route. I'm not asking for anything illegal or fraudulent, just the least expensive way of doing it.

At the risk of sounding dim, why would you have removed my question?

Comment

Asking for a license key is generally seen as touting for an illegal copy

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Asking for a license key is generally seen as touting for an illegal copy
        I didn't ask for a licence key, I asked for the least expensive legal way of getting either the software or a key (given that I can download the software for free anyway).

Comment

I've used CJS CDKeys when I upgraded from Office 2007 to 2021. Seems a legit website, the key works, MS hasn't complained in the last 9 months (dodgy ebay ones last a few weeks, then MS close them down). They'll also provide a link to the download (but as you said it's freely available anyway)

Comment

Got my various licences from EcoKeys. They sell Operating Systems and applications, and were painless and legitimate to deal with. Installation downloads came from Microsoft's own website.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Got my various licences from EcoKeys. They sell Operating Systems and applications, and were painless and legitimate to deal with. Installation downloads came from Microsoft's own website.
              Wouldn’t want to say they are 100% legitimate when “Once activated the product will be licensed the lifetime of your motherboard” but they aren’t being sold with a motherboard.. the T&Cs for OEM sales are complex and ecokeys details don’t match what the documentation I have states
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Bloody hell, thats cheaper than all the dodgy russian sources.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Wouldn’t want to say they are 100% legitimate when “Once activated the product will be licensed the lifetime of your motherboard” but they aren’t being sold with a motherboard.. the T&Cs for OEM sales are complex and ecokeys details don’t match what the documentation I have states
                  So do you have a suggested source?

Comment

Working...
                  X