• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5G wifi router recommendations anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    The description says "Insert a Three, Smarty or ID mobile nano sized SIM card into the router". Seems to be locked to me.
    Yes but it should be possible to get it unlocked.
    https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Device_Unlock

Or maybe it already is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	4268884
    Last edited by woody1; 13 July 2023, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Yes but it should be possible to get it unlocked.
      https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Device_Unlock

Or maybe it already is?

Click image for larger version Name:	3.png Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	4268884
      that link is for devices you've bought. 3 don't sell those units. They are provided with a service.
      I don't know how pushy they are to get them back, but that unit is almost certainly stolen, even if the contract expired and 3 never asked for it back.

Is it locked? Who knows?
      Caveat Emptor...
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The bidding is already up to £98 and, with 2 days left, it will go a lot higher. Probably stupidly higher if past auctions, which often descend into bidding wars, are anything to go by.

Comment

The bidding is already up to £98 and, with 2 days left, it will go a lot higher. Probably stupidly higher if past auctions, which often descend into bidding wars, are anything to go by.
          yep, that's what happens most of the time, I think the zte and zyxel ones are unlocked, but I don't have a different sim to check.

Keep an eye on buy it now prices.

Also three are notoriously difficult when it comes to unlocking I wouldn't trust them to unlock it for free.

Comment

It might be handy to have a list of genuine makes and models of 5G routers, so people can avoid the misleading ads on the likes of eBay, Amazon etc.

Can anyone confirm if these are correct, and whether I've missed any.

ZTE MC801A
            Huawei H112-370 / H112-372
            Zyxel NR5103 / NR5103E
            Last edited by woody1; 14 July 2023, 10:29.

Comment

It might be handy to have a list of genuine makes and models of 5G routers, so people can avoid the misleading ads on the likes of eBay, Amazon etc.

ZTE MC801A
              Zyxel NR5103 / NR5103E
              ZTE MC801A - confirmed as 5G and supplied by 3.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

ZTE MC801A
                Zyxel NR5103 / NR5103E
                Yeah, I confirmed the Zyxel on page 1.

Comment

It went for £155, which seems to be about the going rate for locked pre-owned ones.

Comment

Even a faulty ZTE MC801A has been bid up to £58, and the auction still has 20 hours to go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295812592642

Comment

Working...
                    X