• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Product packaging recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product packaging recommendations

Not sure it's technical but i know there is a wide range of experience here.

My wife started up a dog bakery over a year ago, doing ok and its a side business. I put together a decent website and that generates a small amount of sales but want to start pushing it more and I want to improve on the packaging including adding gift boxes, subscriptions etc.

But I'm finding it really hard to find small business friendly companies out there with decent packaging, really struggling. Also been ripped off by one company.

So anyone have any experience of packaging companies, recommendations or know someone with experience? Or anyone know of an active UK small business community to ask?

How do they get stuff out of the ovens without burning their paws?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Well, that’s better than I thought. It sounded like she was baking dogs.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Might be able to help on this.
        Have you got a bit more detail you can share please?
        I would be happy to give you some help if I can.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          Might be able to help on this.
          Have you got a bit more detail you can share please?
          I would be happy to give you some help if I can.
          Sure, this is the current product range minus seasonal stuff Wooflick Bakery Shop, take a look at our dog treats.

Looking to add something like this to the range

Dog Birthday Boxes | The BEST Birthday Gift For Your Dog (postmanpooch.co.uk)

I'm ideally looking for the dog gift boxes to be branded or at least partialy. Let me know what information you are after and will provide as much as possible.
          Last edited by woohoo; 27 January 2023, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Well, that’s better than I thought. It sounded like she was baking dogs.
            Damn, I should have been very specific in my question. Ok no dogs are harmed in the dog bakery and its biscuits for dogs. Dogs do not work there but do get to taste test the products.

However, cats are harmed and are forced to do manual labour. Hope that straightens that out.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Dogs do not work there but do get to taste test the products.
              Pleased to hear that. Some Working Springer Spaniels have never done a day’s work in their life, but will still sit down in the pub with a pint to talk about how hard a day they’ve had.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Sure, this is the current product range minus seasonal stuff Wooflick Bakery Shop, take a look at our dog treats.

Looking to add something like this to the range

Dog Birthday Boxes | The BEST Birthday Gift For Your Dog (postmanpooch.co.uk)

I'm ideally looking for the dog gift boxes to be branded or at least partialy. Let me know what information you are after and will provide as much as possible.
                What a great little business.
                You guys have done fantastic so far with the brand by the looks of things.
                Well done in building such a good brand so far!
                I love the stalls, the tabletops, basket and banners.

Best thing I can probably do is put a shout out on my networks and see what comes back. I know a few places I can pop this requirement and be reasonably confident of a quality response. I take it you would like someone reasonably local to you in the North West?

From a marketing point of view the packaging of the packets seems good. I think the boxes might need a little work and as you say you need some larger well designed packaging for the new ranges.

The labelling is really good and in my opinion, you do not want to change the style of this.

I take it there is nothing to be concerned about temperature wise and is there anything that needs to be taken special account of for transportation?

Do let me know how you want me to proceed.

The very best of luck for the future with Wooflick
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

What a great little business.
                  You guys have done fantastic so far with the brand by the looks of things.
                  Well done in building such a good brand so far!
                  I love the stalls, the tabletops, basket and banners.

Best thing I can probably do is put a shout out on my networks and see what comes back. I know a few places I can pop this requirement and be reasonably confident of a quality response. I take it you would like someone reasonably local to you in the North West?

From a marketing point of view the packaging of the packets seems good. I think the boxes might need a little work and as you say you need some larger well designed packaging for the new ranges.

The labelling is really good and in my opinion, you do not want to change the style of this.

I take it there is nothing to be concerned about temperature wise and is there anything that needs to be taken special account of for transportation?

Do let me know how you want me to proceed.

The very best of luck for the future with Wooflick
                  Thank you for the kind words and postive feedback, really appreciate it.

Interesting what you say about the labels and generally it matches what people have said. I was going to make the labels larger, add bardcode etc and use packets without windows to accomodate the new label size but will rethink that.

I appreciate the help and advice and yes please ask around! We don't mind if they are based outside of the North West, the main issue with packaging is anything custom requires a big order. But even finding quality packaging with say a paw theme is difficult. We currently use very good quality craft boxes for the gifts and birthday cakes but they look really boring. Once we have something that looks great I'm going to make it a feature of the home page, as NLUK pointed out there is a lot of scrolling before you find our products.

No issues with temperature etc with gift packaging, once we ship everything is in its own packets that keeps moisture and bacteria out. Here is an example of a birthday type gift box that sell on the stall

https://www.facebook.com/Wooflickbak...0N4JYu_xWZFyHZ

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    They use oven mutts.

Comment

Working...
                    X