• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend me a keyboard....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a keyboard....

Rather than drip feed a lot of requirements one post at a time I will attepmt to do something unusual for CUK and try to list it all up front!
    • Travel friendly (without a nummerical keypad as it will only be used outside the home office)
    • Mac native (the right buttons in the right place with the right functions)
    • Bluetooth and USB-C Connectivity
    • Must work with Intel based macs (the new Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is what I want but Apple Sillicon only)
    If its grey or any other colour than white it would be a massive advantage, price is irrelevant for the right unit and I have no preference to mechnical or other types of keys
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Rather than drip feed a lot of requirements one post at a time I will attepmt to do something unusual for CUK and try to list it all up front!
    • Travel friendly (without a nummerical keypad as it will only be used outside the home office)
    • Mac native (the right buttons in the right place with the right functions)
    • Bluetooth and USB-C Connectivity
    • Must work with Intel based macs (the new Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is what I want but Apple Sillicon only)
    If its grey or any other colour than white it would be a massive advantage, price is irrelevant for the right unit and I have no preference to mechnical or other types of keys
    And if it could spell check that would be a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hold on, are you talking about a keyboard for a mac, or for an iPad?

I think the only options for a mac with intel is without the touch
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post

Oh I like this poster
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How about this. No idea if the tech specs meet what you want but it comes in a delightful peach colour which will be a good look for you I believe.

https://www.posturite.co.uk/penclic-...-kb3-bluetooth

Some nice looking options out there though. You could be spoilt for choice here.

https://uk.bestreviews.guide/travel-keyboard-for-mac
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would say Ducky but they don't work 100% on Macs so probably not your best option (got to say I love my One3 TKL keyboard with yellow and black keys and custom red, brown and blue switches)..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1677.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	4228541

Keychron work well with Macs but they don't do fully built ISO keyboards so would need to add the switches and keycaps yourself.

Kustom PCs - Mechanical Keyboards will give you a good overview of all possible options..
              Last edited by eek; 3 August 2022, 09:10.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

https://www.daskeyboard.com (I have the Prime 13, very loud and clicky-clacky love it!)

Happy Hacker

This one can be used for both Mac and Windows

Can you tell I like mechanical keyboards?

qh
                Last edited by quackhandle; 2 August 2022, 18:55.
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I quite fancy the idea of getting a clacky keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I quite fancy the idea of getting a clacky keyboard.
                    Beware it can get addictive, I had four in the collection but like watches you can only wear one at once, I sold them.

These are nice:

DROP

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X