• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google MFA Without Mobile Device

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Couldn't you drop someone an email or phone-call and ask them to sort it? Phone the office, ask to speak to someone, the old fashioned way when we talked to each other?
    Maybe not, this is a genuine question not a snarky comment
    No, there is no such published point of contact - maybe this is hard when the support team is distributed all around the world? All communications to support team is done from within portal.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You not got a new phone yet and this thread can die?
      I didn't post on these threads for several days and then the poster Dhoog directed a question to me so I answered it.

You are rude and not at all helpful

Comment

Now that I have a new back up phone as well as my day to day phone I hope to avoid these issues.

Would I be able to ask provider for back up sim so that if I lose my phone and I'm abroad I can make a call and they will activate new sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Baddish View Post
          Now that I have a new back up phone as well as my day to day phone I hope to avoid these issues.

Would I be able to ask provider for back up sim so that if I lose my phone and I'm abroad I can make a call and they will activate new sim?
          You can ask your service provider how much they would charge for a service like that, they may offer it, or they may not.
          We don't know who your provider is, we don't know what type of phone you have, we don't know what type of contract you have.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You can ask your service provider how much they would charge for a service like that, they may offer it, or they may not.
            We don't know who your provider is, we don't know what type of phone you have, we don't know what type of contract you have.
            I am with EE.

I have Samsung galaxy with Blackberry priv as back up. My contract is SIM only

Comment

I am with EE.

Why don't you ring them an ask rather than putting all this pointless drivel on here and getting the same answer? Like try do something for yourself for a change? You might find it quite refreshing to do something by yourself.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I am with EE.

doable with an eSim - not practical with a standard sim.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

well the whole idea of backup device is for when I am overseas and I lose or get my main handy stolen I can have an easy fallback. If I can't have a spare sim then in my opinion the provider hasn't thought through what I think is a common use case. If I am in a country where I can get a replacement EE sim then yes I think this is acceptable but if I can't get replacement from high street then I am scuppered.

Comment

well the whole idea of backup device is for when I am overseas and I lose or get my main handy stolen I can have an easy fallback. If I can't have a spare sim then in my opinion the provider hasn't thought through what I think is a common use case. If I am in a country where I can get a replacement EE sim then yes I think this is acceptable but if I can't get replacement from high street then I am scuppered.
                    You are scuppered because you can't accept any responsibility and you haven't thought through what you can do as a professional.

Thread closed.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X