• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Power BI on Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use Power BI on you Mac using the PBI Service (powerbi.com)

It works very well actually. Might need a Premium Per User licence.

Macs will continue to be the preferred choice for UI, web developers, graphic artists, media, music no chance of them ever being not considered a professional tool.

Comment

I'm not sure why running it on Parallels is a temporary solution, it's a great option.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm not sure why running it on Parallels is a temporary solution, it's a great option.
        Because that time I was utilising Parallels trial version.

Comment

Is Bootcamp still an option? I've been running Parallels for a few years now, best thing on my Mac

Comment

Is Bootcamp still an option? I've been running Parallels for a few years now, best thing on my Mac
            Not on the new M1 macs...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Not on the new M1 macs...
              Well most of your Windows software won't run on M1 either, will it? I'm not sure MS even sell Arm Windows licenses yet - when M1 was launched you could run Parallels on M1 but not install Windows on it IIRC.

Comment

Well most of your Windows software won't run on M1 either, will it? I'm not sure MS even sell Arm Windows licenses yet - when M1 was launched you could run Parallels on M1 but not install Windows on it IIRC.
                Which is the original point here - on an intel mac you could get most windows programs working via parallels on a M1 mac that isn't an option.

It's why I'm looking at a new intel laptop because a macbook is going to be missing a program I need.

Comment

Which is the original point here - on an intel mac you could get most windows programs working via parallels on a M1 mac that isn't an option.

It's why I'm looking at a new intel laptop because a macbook is going to be missing a program I need.
                  You can still buy Intel Macs though. I made sure to get one before they removed them, so I have several years to see how this pans out
                  Or have they already switched some ranges to M1-only?

Comment

You can still buy Intel Macs though. I made sure to get one before they removed them, so I have several years to see how this pans out
                    Or have they already switched some ranges to M1-only?
                    No such thing as an intel Macbook anymore

It seems the only intel macs that can be bought are the 27" imac and the 2018 mac mini see Mac - Compare Models - Apple

Comment

No such thing as an intel Macbook anymore

It seems the only intel macs that can be bought are the 27" imac and the 2018 mac mini see Mac - Compare Models - Apple
                      Yes, that's correct Eek. If anybody wants to use Microsoft products like Visio, Project etc. then it's probably not a great idea to buy a new mac. However, it has to be said that the list of those Microsoft products is pretty small. For the odd time that I have to do some Windows work I run Windows on my 2019 Mac mini via vmware and sometimes use Remote Desktop to link to it from my new Macbook Pro.

I used to use Visio a lot but at my current gig we all use browser-based tools instead. I am expecting Microsoft to come up with a mac version (or proper browser-based version) of Power BI Desktop pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X