• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone run a Facebook page?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run a Facebook page?

I've been made admin of a page and I want to promote some events but after hours of messing about cannot find anyway to get the page to join a group. I've read the FB help pages and googled but it's just impossible. Whole sections of the interface are different/missing compared to what I see online. Sometimes you can 'be' your page other times you can't, but whatever I do when I find a group and click "join" it invariably just adds my personal profile as a member instead of giving me any option.

Someone here must manage a local page or run one for their (or partner's) business... All I want to do is advertise a carol concert and it's driving me spare! Any help?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I think MF McFatty FatFace runs one. MarillionFan

Comment

I can't ever remember seeing a group with other groups in. Everything I've ever seen has been just people. I'm not sure how privacy would work if a page you can join a group from a page that persumable has other users and interactions on? You'd have a tiered structure with Main group, joined group, members of joined group? That doesn't seem right?

I'm assuming if you have googled it then it's possible, just on an old interface. Any possibilty the raft of privacy issues means they've stopped allowing it?

I might have this wrong with group joinging a group but the page you are admin of must have likes/followers or summat and you joining a group brings them in without their consent or something. You get me?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK, I think you're getting confused between a Facebook page (where you like/follow, but they're the only ones who can post stuff) and a group (more like a peer to peer forum).

d000hg, some groups don't allow pages to join. See:
        How do I allow or not allow Pages to join my Facebook group? | Facebook Help Centre

Comment

One way to get around the groups thing is to join as yourself and then share a post your page has created to that group. That way you can advertise the carols, etc.

Comment

I believe a page can join a group but you have to be the admin of both.
            My pages are members of my group.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
              NLUK, I think you're getting confused between a Facebook page (where you like/follow, but they're the only ones who can post stuff) and a group (more like a peer to peer forum).

d000hg, some groups don't allow pages to join. See:
              How do I allow or not allow Pages to join my Facebook group? | Facebook Help Centre
              True, I have checked this.

It seems there are 2 generations of FB Page, the newer one lets you switch between personal/page profiles like they are regular users. I have. a personal page that just got upgraded and I get the option for this page to try and join groups.
              But the page I manage for our village church is the old version... except things are not according to the docs. Like it's some bastard combination of both. You cannot request to be upgraded either.

Sodding Facebook. Such a pain in the rear.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X