• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband - how much is too much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Sky, £28 for 80Mbps, unlimited downloads. No idea how much I've used, but usually stream Netflix UHD films.

Comment

I'm with EE, £27 a month unlimited (and I abuse this greatly as I run a plex server for several family members) also get a free data boost if you have a EE mobile
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm with Vodafone (haven't read every page) at £26.50 55Mb unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I'm on one of the fastest unlimited Virgin Media tariffs.

Gig1 Fibre Broadband – the UK’s fastest broadband | Virgin Media

1Gbps

They sent me an email saying I'm one for the biggest users of bandwidth they have, congratulating me. I max it out 24/7.

Looks a tad rubbish, I’ve had Hyperoptic for 5years+

1GB upload and download And you don’t need a landline

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            I'm on one of the fastest unlimited Virgin Media tariffs.

Gig1 Fibre Broadband – the UK’s fastest broadband | Virgin Media

1Gbps

They sent me an email saying I'm one for the biggest users of bandwidth they have, congratulating me. I max it out 24/7.

Is the Hub 4 as crap as the Hub 3?

Comment

Pre-lockdown we averaged about 600-800GB download a month but I imagine it's a lot higher now. We're with Virgin. I don't rate them but have been too lazy to switch.

Comment

I think we’re paying BT (currently) £27 a month for 72Mb unlimited broadband and phone, with free calls. The previous contract was £35, but when it ran out I looked to switch to Sky. BT retention came back with a better offer.
                Can’t get virgin where we live.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Vodafone Fibre Unlimited £17.51 per month (It was supposed to have been £21.50, but they have further discounted it - no idea why?).

55Mbps / Unlimited

We have on average 24 devices connected and stream UHD every day and no buffering...would recommend.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Looks a tad rubbish, I’ve had Hyperoptic for 5years+

1GB upload and download And you don’t need a landline

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                    I wonder if that's what's coming to my area - with the road being dug up for fibre installation.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Thanks Guys,

I'm not after anything fancy, and my business won't be dependant on it for too much longer (retirement beckons), so Plusnet or the BT package is looking promising.

The cap is because I've been with my supplier when such things were the norm. Their service has been good so I didn't want to move to a potentially worse service, but I need to make the move now.
                      Broadband is one area you can get pretty great cashback and referral inventives. Could easily get £50+ maybe more, if such things are of interest.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X