• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android phone... Use 4g for data when connected to a no-internet WiFi?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android phone... Use 4g for data when connected to a no-internet WiFi?

Is this possible? If I want to join effectively an intranet via WiFi, can I direct internet traffic through mobile data?

Outside work cases, it's just really annoying when you realise you've been offline for half an hour because your phone auto connected to a WiFi that isn't providing internet. I end up either turning WiFi off... Then 2 days later realising I've been using my mobile data at home... Or forgetting a network I'll want to join again another time.

Seems on paper like it should be possible for my device to use mobile data of WiFi isn't working, is it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

You could look at something like Speedify but gotta put your hand in your pocket.
    Speedify - Fast, Secure, Reliable VPN for Individuals, Families & Teams
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On my Android mobile under connections/WiFi advanced/switch to mobile data/adaptive mobile data, I have an option for "aggressive mode" which switches to mobile data when WiFi internet access is "only slightly unstable".
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

My wifi turns back on automatically when a high-quality, saved, wifi connection (like home, office, favourite bar) is detected so I don't need to worry about remembering to reenable it.

I've got the Pixel 3a.

Comment

Apple has something called WiFi assist for situations like this, as people claim they rip everything off Android you must have something smilier
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Could you just delete that wifi network from your list, then set your phone so that it only joins known networks?

Alternatively, are you wanting to join that wifi network for some reason, and are you wanting to to share your phone's internet connection with others on that network?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Could you just delete that wifi network from your list, then set your phone so that it only joins known networks?

Alternatively, are you wanting to join that wifi network for some reason, and are you wanting to to share your phone's internet connection with others on that network?
              Well one example is a WiFi I'm using loses internet capability sporadically. Like your home Wifi, or using Wifi on the train. Or maybe a chain of coffeeshops uses the same WiFi but some branches are ****.

One specific case is if my home internet goes down. I have to be on the Wifi to check the router, I have to switch to mobile data to check the ISP's status page. My phone knows the Wifi has no internet (it shows an icon) but can't seemingly direct internet traffic to 4G while remaining on WiFi.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What M&M is the phone?

Ignore me - just saw the autosig from Tapatalk.

Does your phone have the setting option in the second post here, and does that work?

Switching between 4g to wifi automatically - OnePlus Community

Comment

My Android Phone just does this out of the box.

The Wifi symbol in the top bar gets a cross added and then it switches to 4G. I'm using a v cheap Nokia 2.2. phone which has Android One. Android One - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                  X