• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Android phone... Use 4g for data when connected to a no-internet WiFi?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    My Android Phone just does this out of the box.

The Wifi symbol in the top bar gets a cross added and then it switches to 4G. I'm using a v cheap Nokia 2.2. phone which has Android One. Android One - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    What M&M is the phone?

Ignore me - just saw the autosig from Tapatalk.

Does your phone have the setting option in the second post here, and does that work?

Switching between 4g to wifi automatically - OnePlus Community

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Could you just delete that wifi network from your list, then set your phone so that it only joins known networks?

Alternatively, are you wanting to join that wifi network for some reason, and are you wanting to to share your phone's internet connection with others on that network?
    Well one example is a WiFi I'm using loses internet capability sporadically. Like your home Wifi, or using Wifi on the train. Or maybe a chain of coffeeshops uses the same WiFi but some branches are ****.

One specific case is if my home internet goes down. I have to be on the Wifi to check the router, I have to switch to mobile data to check the ISP's status page. My phone knows the Wifi has no internet (it shows an icon) but can't seemingly direct internet traffic to 4G while remaining on WiFi.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Could you just delete that wifi network from your list, then set your phone so that it only joins known networks?

Alternatively, are you wanting to join that wifi network for some reason, and are you wanting to to share your phone's internet connection with others on that network?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Apple has something called WiFi assist for situations like this, as people claim they rip everything off Android you must have something smilier

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My wifi turns back on automatically when a high-quality, saved, wifi connection (like home, office, favourite bar) is detected so I don't need to worry about remembering to reenable it.

I've got the Pixel 3a.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    On my Android mobile under connections/WiFi advanced/switch to mobile data/adaptive mobile data, I have an option for "aggressive mode" which switches to mobile data when WiFi internet access is "only slightly unstable".

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You could look at something like Speedify but gotta put your hand in your pocket.
    Speedify - Fast, Secure, Reliable VPN for Individuals, Families & Teams

Leave a comment:

• Android phone... Use 4g for data when connected to a no-internet WiFi?

Is this possible? If I want to join effectively an intranet via WiFi, can I direct internet traffic through mobile data?

Outside work cases, it's just really annoying when you realise you've been offline for half an hour because your phone auto connected to a WiFi that isn't providing internet. I end up either turning WiFi off... Then 2 days later realising I've been using my mobile data at home... Or forgetting a network I'll want to join again another time.

Seems on paper like it should be possible for my device to use mobile data of WiFi isn't working, is it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Working...
X