• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A level student thinking of becoming a coder.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Your other posts have been a good laugh, too.
    Thanks for that, I was feeling a bit down, but having read

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ense-rule.html

I'm all better now.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Thanks for that, I was feeling a bit down, but having read

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ense-rule.html

I'm all better now.
      Why am I ultimately not surprised that Mr "I'm a 'Top Developer'" has got less than 3 years in the industry... My bloody laptop bag has more experience in the workplace than he does.

Unfortunately, not many multi-nationals would let me architect infrastructure for them when I was at school, so I'm never going to be considered one of the greats
      Last edited by vwdan; 11 December 2019, 22:32.

Comment

Why am I ultimately not surprised that Mr "I'm a 'Top Developer'" has got less than 3 years in the industry... My bloody laptop bag has more experience in the workplace than he does.

Unfortunately, not many multi-nationals would let me architect infrastructure for them when I was at school, so I'm never going to be considered one of the greats
        My limited years of experience in the industry converted very quickly into a 650/d rate outside of London. That's because I am a 'Top Developer' and you are a laptop bag

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
          My limited years of experience in the industry converted very quickly into a 650/d rate outside of London. That's because I am a 'Top Developer' and you are a laptop bag
          Well done - we are all very proud. I'm sure you're an excellent developer, but IMHO your arrogance and over confidence demonstrates a lack of overall experience. Your comments in this thread have been telling.
          Last edited by vwdan; 12 December 2019, 07:55.

Comment

Well done - we are all very proud. I'm sure you're an excellent developer, but IMHO your arrogance and over confidence demonstrates a lack of overall experience. Your comments in this thread have been telling.
            £650 a day as a developer outside London
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes I have heard that from a lot of people in this forum including the topic starter, that you need some sort of special or as you call it 'overall' experience to become a contractor. You can keep believing that your years of experience actually matter in the job market whilst quietly warming the bench. The reality as I said any highly intelligent developer that I graduated with will leave you grey hairs behind after spending a couple of years in the industry.

Comment

Yes I have heard that from a lot of people in this forum including the topic starter, that you need some sort of special or as you call it 'overall' experience to become a contractor. You can keep believing that your years of experience actually matter in the job market whilst quietly warming the bench. The reality as I said any highly intelligent developer that I graduated with will leave you grey hairs behind after spending a couple of years in the industry.
                Well I'm a grey-haired oldster. I've been contracting for 20 years and my first and still lowest-ever rate was £750. You don't want to know what I'm on now. I don't think that makes me "special" in any way, mostly I'm just lucky that I am in a very in-demand niche and pretty good at what I do. Maybe when you get a bit older you'll learn some humility to go with your self-declared rocket-scientist intelligence. It's worth it, believe me.

Comment

INKSE
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Oh one can barely wait for hubris to come calling with this young padawan.

One can appreciate why he hasn't got an accountant any more: he knows it all.

However did we s get all this stuff working back in the day without having started programming at 7.

I think computers were still running with magnetic core memory and transistor CPUs were the new coming thing when I was that age.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2019, 18:43.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

+1 for putting top developer in quotes... I have no doubt that you are indeed a "top developer".

Comment

Working...
                      X