• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tools to let usr upload large data files for review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools to let usr upload large data files for review?

Our application is out for limited beta testing (1 user) and the saved files are typically 2Gb. In case of problems we want to get them to upload the file but with files this large, a reliable background upload is preferred that will tolerate the user turning off their laptop, etc rather than something they have to manually run.

However my experience with tools like DropBox is they are for syncing files, not uploading them. Neither I nor the customer want to find tens of 2Gb files automatically appearing on our PCs.

Ideally needs to be Mac & Windows, something that integrates nicely and runs in the background... suggestions on tools and how to use them?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Sftp?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Google drive?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm not sure what you desire, you either sync the file or replicate it to some extent. You've articulated you don't want either.

Dropbox I'm sure was built on a hacked version of CVS, I would look into a framework that measures deltas in files and roll a bit of code.

Comment

Sftp is resumable so works pretty well. Although it’s only going to be resistant against laptop restarts for so long.

Rsync works as well. Although you say you don’t want to sync, but for the life of me I don’t understand the reluctance to sync. It’s all data copied over a network.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X