• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting Data off SSD Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Data off SSD Drive

SSD hasn't crashed - laptop is non operational for othere reasons. I just want to copy the data from it. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Plug it in to an external caddy and copy it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One of these: https://www.ebuyer.com/620400-starte...iABEgL8pvD_BwE

Job done.

Comment

Hopefully the drive isn't encrypted by your client

Comment

Recover from backup is probably the easiest.What do you mean, you haven't got a back up?

I recently bought a SATA to USB device. Not expensive.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I recently bought a SATA to USB3 cable, perfect for such situations. I used it for cloning a couple of HDD > SSD upgrades but now it will be handy for such eventualities as this.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Check what type the SSD is first. Some laptops have mSata that requires a slightly different USB adapter.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Check what type the SSD is first. Some laptops have mSata that requires a slightly different USB adapter.
                Yeah, looks like it's a Sata 3 M.2 SSD.

Comment

Working...
                X