• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Network monitoring app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network monitoring app

Any suggestions for a free piece of software (PC, Mac or iPad compatible) that can tell me which device on my home network is using up the most bandwidth?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Any suggestions for a free piece of software (PC, Mac or iPad compatible) that can tell me which device on my home network is using up the most bandwidth?
    Little Snitch.

An ace bit of software.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

No need, it’s the ones the kids are using....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        No need, it’s the ones the kids are using....
        Which kids? The Dog (tw) or The Chickens (tf)

Comment

Which kids? The Dog (tw) or The Chickens (tf)
          The dog.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Please don't tell me the wife can monitor which sites I am browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Little Snitch.

An ace bit of software.
              +1 for Little Snitch.

Depending on your router you might find that that has some decent analysis tools built in.

We have an ASUS AC2400 that has built in traffic analysis by device and application.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Will try Little Snitch, thanks for the suggestions, as a follow up, I contacted BT and they refreshed my line which has helped (I'm never certain with line speed tests when you do them over wifi while running multiple machines at the same time)

Comment

flash your router.

I used DD-WRT and it will give you lots of info to many supported tools.

https://www.howtogeek.com/222740/how...-your-network/

Plus it gives you the ability to limit based on client. Both by quota (so the Dog can only watch so much 'hot bitches' before they cut off') or by QOS so HB is allocated 10% of the bandwidth of your access to CUK

https://chubbable.com/ddwrt-quality-...-configuration
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X