• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile only at client. Any interesting solutions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile only at client. Any interesting solutions?

So a friend of mine is in a situation where the client doesn't have desktop phones so it's mobiles only. They don't use an IP dialler thing anymore so he was wondering if I knew of a group of well educated responsible contractors that might be able to share any interesting solutions to this. I said no but I'll ask on CUK for him.

So he has a Jawbone Era which works ok but it's a bit small and fiddly. Does anyone use any fancy solutions they can recommend? Wired ear buds? Decent headset? I assume the desktop build is locked down.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Use your mobile?

I've had many clients who don't have desk phones so you either use you mobile and/or some messaging software e.g. Skype, Lync, Slack.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yeah. He does that. Just wondered if there were any smart ways of not sitting holding it. Any good gear that is worth a look.

Comment

What exactly is it he wants help with? Which aspects of having to use a mobile phone are the problem?

Does he get issued a phone or have to give everyone his own number btw?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He uses his own. Just wondered what people are using as headsets or ear pieces or does everyone just hold it. Bit of pain in long teleconferences etc.

Comment

Any decent headphones will do, I use my Beats Solo cans for calls, wireless and no issues with sound.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              He uses his own. Just wondered what people are using as headsets or ear pieces or does everyone just hold it. Bit of pain in long teleconferences etc.
              Be annoying and put it on loud speaker as an idiot marketing guy did next to me at one client while he was interviewing someone. The guy doing the interview was full of tulip.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

From time to time I use this bluetooth headset if I know it's going to be a longish call.

Does the job perfectly well.

Comment

My Bragi set does the job perfectly for me
                  Join IPSE

Comment

What does he use in his car? Tell him to get a BT handsfree of his choosing and that's it

Comment

Working...
                    X