• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mobile only at client. Any interesting solutions?"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    I use a little Plantronics bluetooth thing (Voyager BT300 I think). I'm told it makes me look like a mini cab driver but it's really very comfy and works an absolute treat. Incredible noise reduction, too and it comes with a very handy charging case.

I got it during my first contract when I spent a literal 4 hours on my phone, working with someone who was working remotely.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ype-calls.html

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am not a fan of wireless for Unified Comms (ironic knowing the client I am with), I keep the 40's for business and a seperate set for using on the phone, I am looking at these at the moment.

Although my wireless over ears broke I may have to replace them soon.

Evolve 40's = Business
    Libratone = Everyday wired
    (probably B&O H8's) = Travel

The Evolve's were paid through the company, the others myslelf

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've got a set of Sennheiser ear buds (wired) that have a pretty decent microphone pick up. That works well enough for the odd call I've needed to sit on.

I never got on with bluetooth kit because the battery always seemed to run down when not in use so the headset was always dead when I needed to use it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can meetings be attended from the pub/cafe then if they don't provide a desktop phone?

I was in a 2-hr conference call last summer. I did it from the pub. In two hours I spoke twice. Once was to say my name, the other time was "yes" - my sole contribution for 2 hours' billing.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    For me, I just keep a handy PS4 earpiece around - far from comfortable for longer calls, but surprisingly effective and within MyCo budget (note: PS4 was not company expense, sadly)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    He uses his own. Just wondered what people are using as headsets or ear pieces or does everyone just hold it. Bit of pain in long teleconferences etc.
    Oh... literally any headset. I find headphones get uncomfortable after long periods and make my ears sweaty.

I got a cheap noise-cancelling ear-phone headset for about £20 and while obviously it doesn't give you silence it's surprisingly good.
    However I find talking on the phone with noise-cancelling on quite hard, you can't hear yourself and have a tendency to speak overly loudly.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    What does he use in his car? Tell him to get a BT handsfree of his choosing and that's it

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    My Bragi set does the job perfectly for me

Leave a comment:

• ShandyDrinker
    replied
    From time to time I use this bluetooth headset if I know it's going to be a longish call.

Does the job perfectly well.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    He uses his own. Just wondered what people are using as headsets or ear pieces or does everyone just hold it. Bit of pain in long teleconferences etc.
    Be annoying and put it on loud speaker as an idiot marketing guy did next to me at one client while he was interviewing someone. The guy doing the interview was full of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Any decent headphones will do, I use my Beats Solo cans for calls, wireless and no issues with sound.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What exactly is it he wants help with? Which aspects of having to use a mobile phone are the problem?

Does he get issued a phone or have to give everyone his own number btw?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yeah. He does that. Just wondered if there were any smart ways of not sitting holding it. Any good gear that is worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Use your mobile?

I've had many clients who don't have desk phones so you either use you mobile and/or some messaging software e.g. Skype, Lync, Slack.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X