• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not liking Android very much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nexus 6 and 6P straight from Google are bloat free. So it's likely the Pixel is.
    It's just the (to me any way) stupid amount of money that they want for one then that stands in my way. Maybe the old Nexus 5 concept was too cheap for it to last.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      It's just the (to me any way) stupid amount of money that they want for one then that stands in my way. Maybe the old Nexus 5 concept was too cheap for it to last.
      +1 when my iPhone broke the cheapest solution was a second hand nexus 6p. That will keep me going to the iPhone 8 arrives.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nexus 5 was where the cheap model started to fall apart. N4 was amazing value for the spec, N5 was good but not really worth upgrading for from the N4.

N6 was a step change away from that model though. And I'm now having more issues with my N6P than any other phone - drops from 15% battery to 0% in seconds (known issue) and yesterday it spent 90 minutes rebooting constantly.

With the S8 delayed and the OnePlus 3T not being in stock for the 128gb model I might just go back to the OnePlus 2 and wait.
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Motorola makes the Moto android phones which are cheap, and made the Nexus 6. As the Nexus 6 is a phablet but the Moto phones aren't they probably wanted to ensure there was a market for their own cheaper Moto phones that didn't overlap.

As Google partners with a different manufacturer with each handset release once you have started to go down that avenue of more expensive handsets you are going to continue if it is successful.

Having had a Moto G for a few months I found the bloatware on that far less annoying than when I had a Samsung. My only issue was the Moto phone was under powered.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X