• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple Contractors one Remote Access Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Yes I wouldn't be happy too, the login it's personal and can't be shared for security reasons.
    Who says?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Who says?
      Most companies' IT policies.

Comment

Surely this sort of thing would also invalidates the Ltd Cos PI insurance

Tt
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Surely this sort of thing would also invalidates the Ltd Cos PI insurance
          Not necessarily.

It depends what the action causing the problem is e.g. accidental data breach compared to fraud.

One if the issues not mentioned is if an employee deliberately makes a data breach you cannot take disciplinary action against them or sack them as you have no proof which employee did it. If you did take action against an employee you suspected you would find yourself facing expensive employment tribunal costs for discrimination.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

there are tools out there that manage this sort of thing.

I think Teamviewer does.

Get 13 id's set up and then send them a report.Or sell it to them.

If its a VPN then one assumes you are using a key file? Get 13 files created and get them loaded to each VPN server.

agree with the idea of using one id is professional suicide.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

agree with the idea of using one id is professional suicide.
              A lot of people think the same about only having one ID on here

ww
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It is not very clear but I assume you have VPN access into the clients site for some sort of support reason? If this is the case you could have a generic VPN but as other people said you need some way of auditing access. The standard way of doing this would be to have some sort of jump server that only has access over the VPN and you would need user specific account on the jump server to get access over the VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by davetza View Post
                  It is not very clear but I assume you have VPN access into the clients site for some sort of support reason? If this is the case you could have a generic VPN but as other people said you need some way of auditing access. The standard way of doing this would be to have some sort of jump server that only has access over the VPN and you would need user specific account on the jump server to get access over the VPN.
                  From the way it was described I'm guessing it s multiple VPN's, one per client, owned and administered at the client side. Hence the need to get accounts created for each client / contractor combination.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think you will find the OP has a working from home arrangement and is thinking of outsourcing some work without telling the end client.

Comment

Working...
                    X