• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI I went through the cisco / meraki thing, only to not be awarded (in my case) a Wi Fi access point. I registered as ClientCo and not MyCo, and ClientCo had already claimed their quota of free stuff. The Meraki AP they were giving away gets really bad reviews anyway.

On the subject of switching out a BT HH for something else, I did this and got really really bad speeds through a Vigor VDSL router. So I hooked up a BT Infinity modem to the router and full speed was restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      FYI I went through the cisco / meraki thing, only to not be awarded (in my case) a Wi Fi access point. I registered as ClientCo and not MyCo, and ClientCo had already claimed their quota of free stuff. The Meraki AP they were giving away gets really bad reviews anyway.
      I've had no problem or complaint with it, but if it pleased everyone I'd be astounded.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanking you. The Netgear Nighthawk looks a goer.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Cisco are still doing a free Meraki router to companies that sit through their webinar (or they were a couple of weeks ago) - then switch the VM wifi bit off.
          No upcoming webinars unless the featured ones underneath count. How did you get around not being a consultant. Not having website is going to be a stopper yes?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've had no problem or complaint with it, but if it pleased everyone I'd be astounded.
            I suppose I'm just reassuring myself that the freebie was crap anyway, since I didn't get one. Not that I'm bitter or anything

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I had a bit of grief getting rid of the HH5 (see other thread), but have a happy medium at the moment
              How come the medium didn't see it coming?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                How come the medium didn't see it coming?
                Did you hear about the midget psychic who escaped from prison?

There is a small medium at large
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  No upcoming webinars unless the featured ones underneath count. How did you get around not being a consultant. Not having website is going to be a stopper yes?
                  The ones in the featured section counts - I did "Introduction to Cloud Networking". I have a company website, and I'm not a consultant - I'm responsible for managing and maintaining the company networking infrastructure

What kind of business doesn't have a website? Are you sure etc etc.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The ones in the featured section counts - I did "Introduction to Cloud Networking". I have a company website, and I'm not a consultant - I'm responsible for managing and maintaining the company networking infrastructure

What kind of business doesn't have a website? Are you sure etc etc.
                    I am booked on that one today
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have an Asus RT-N10U with DD-WRT, astoundingly good. Solid and so many options. No cloud management costs.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X