• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I never realised bluetooth borked WiFi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a problem with BT hub5 and Wi-Fi dropping and reconnecting constantly. I used some Wi-Fi channel app analyser and just switched the channels on my hub and it stopped the connection issues. Apparently it can be a problem if there are other BT hubs around as they use the same channel by default. Worth a go just to tweak if not help your problem directly.

Edit. This article covers what I've probably badly explained
    http://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-...rating-system/
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use insider - this link should be the Home version (Free):
      inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

Four wifi networks at home, set up so they don't overlap and the ones nearest a neighbour's house are at the opposite end of the channel range to theirs.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I use insider - this link should be the Home version (Free):
        inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

Four wifi networks at home, set up so they don't overlap and the ones nearest a neighbour's house are at the opposite end of the channel range to theirs.
        +1 for inSSIDer works a treat

Comment

I think we used this previously. The hub we have has an "auto select" feature that claims to pick the best channel(s) although I don't know how good it is.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think we used this previously. The hub we have has an "auto select" feature that claims to pick the best channel(s) although I don't know how good it is.

It's OK as a start, but does it switch channels if something else appears on the channel it is using? I think the old BT ones would do the check when they were switched on but doesn't check after that, so if another device is switched on (e.g. in another house) that clashes with the same channel - maybe not near your router but in one of the other rooms in your house - then you could have problems.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It lets you go in and refresh but doesn't do it automatically... but then we only had this router about two weeks and we did refresh it to make sure.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X