• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best vacuum cleaner at around £300 or less?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Miele

pretty good.

Henry

better.

Comment

we have a miele, it's small and works well.

Despite having a cleaner the wife wants one of these rechargeable dyson things which look like they couldn't lift a Malteser. The only reason I can gather is that her friends have them.

Comment

Our main vacuum is a Sebo. It's very good indeed. It does have bags though, which doesn't bother me but some might not like it.

We also have Henry and Charles variants for other cleaning.

We've had a few Dyson cleaners and I will never waste my money on them again. They break down far too quickly for the money you pay.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          we have a miele, it's small and works well.

Despite having a cleaner the wife wants one of these rechargeable dyson things which look like they couldn't lift a Malteser. The only reason I can gather is that her friends have them.
          We are exactly the same with a cleaner but we've ended up with two handhelds. The older yellow one and the newer one with the long 'wand' to do the floors and the like... Even I have to say they are the dogs danglies! We have a mix of stone floor and carpet and just a quick vac up every day it's perfect. Don't be put of by the size. It sucks like NLadyUK with a £50 note on the table.

My other half is the type that insists on a quick vac around the kitchen after every meal so it takes 30 secs with the hand held and she is happy as anything.

It's worth it even if it's just to keep SWMBO happy but don't... for gods sake... buy it for birthday or xmas...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
            We've had a few Dyson cleaners and I will never waste my money on them again. They break down far too quickly for the money you pay.
            They have 5 year warranty...

Comment

On that note, we bought the Dyson DC75, the latest one that doesn't have the need for filters. So far so good, yes it's a beast and heavy and clunky but it is very powerful and that's what I was looking for.

Comment

Henry.

You never see a builder /painter/chimney sweep/etc with a Dyson or Miele.

...and you could have 3 of them for £300.

...and they are British made.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Henry.

You never see a builder /painter/chimney sweep/etc with a Dyson or Miele.

...and you could have 3 of them for £300.

...and they are British made.

You don't see them driving Audi, BMW etc. for work either, that doesn't mean their white van/truck is better for your needs. There is a tool for every job.

Dyson is at least British engineering, no idea where they are made these days
                  Miele is German, which is usually better quality than British, misplaced patriotism aside.

Comment

My Miele must be 20 years old now and still sucks like a Thai ladyboy.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      You don't see them driving Audi, BMW etc. for work either, that doesn't mean their white van/truck is better for your needs. There is a tool for every job.

Dyson is at least British engineering, no idea where they are made these days
                      Dyson are manufactured in the Far East now they are only designed in the UK.

Henry, Charles, George, Hetty et al are Numatics. They are designed and manufactured in the UK on the SW coast. They do have plants in Germany and elsewhere in the world.

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      Miele is German, which is usually better quality than British, misplaced patriotism aside.
                      So are you saying Brompton Bikes are tulip? And Rolls Royce cars are tulip? In fact the Japanese and some consumers from other nations even look for mass produced cars manufactured in the UK as they are better quality.

The British are as good as Germans in manufacturing products for niche markets.

And yes these vacuum cleaners are for niche markets as otherwise you would all be buying Panasonics or Argos value brand.

BTW just buy the product that claims to support your lifestyle so if it doesn't work as expected you have some come back.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X