• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best vacuum cleaner at around £300 or less?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry is British made (and so is George, Charles and Hetty) while Miele is German made.

A lot of office cleaners use industrial Henrys (numatics) but they don't have a smile.

BTW I would get the Dyson fix as there are some EU regulations that have come in limiting the power of vacuum cleaners so one you buy now won't be as powerful as old ones.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 29 September 2015, 19:48.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a Dyson DC-45, one of the Slimline ones, great with kids as it comes out for 5 mins does its job and then goes back on charge, I think I now vacuum with better results with these 5-10 min bursts than if I do the whole house once a week
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Whatever the cleaner uses.

AYCOTBAC?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Doesn't matter -> I'm Kent Phillip I'm more interested in Curtain cleaners.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Henry is British made (and so is George, Charles and Hetty) while Miele is German made.

A lot of office cleaners use industrial Henrys (numatics) but they don't have a smile.

BTW I would get the Dyson fix as there are some EU regulations that have come in limiting the power of vacuum cleaners so one you buy now won't be as powerful as old ones.
            Unfortunately our previous Dyson was bought after the EU regulations came in, so it's already "under powered"

I'm looking at the new Dyson DC75 Cinectic Big Ball. Looks like it's a bit of a beast but the sucking power is apparently awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I have a Dyson DC-45, one of the Slimline ones, great with kids as it comes out for 5 mins does its job and then goes back on charge, I think I now vacuum with better results with these 5-10 min bursts than if I do the whole house once a week
              You do the vacuuming? ..!

I looked at getting one of these quick-clean ones as a secondary vacuum cleaner but they're very pricey for that option. A single charge might not do the whole house, and the power isn't as high as I'd like.

My in-laws have one though and it is very handy.

Comment

I have a Dyson DC-45, one of the Slimline ones, great with kids as it comes out for 5 mins does its job and then goes back on charg
                You vacuum the kids????

Comment

Not quite on topic but an interesting article on Miele here. Never heard of them before but I'll be having a look at them in the future.

Can you charge double and still keep your customers coming back? - BBC News
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah I got a DC44 animal.

It's excellent as it is so easy to use just for 5/10 mins then put back

As it is cordless can also use it to do the car

you have to clean the roller pretty regular mind you (not a major hassle) and also the dust box is pretty small.

But so much quicker and easier to use for hall/stairs/landing than a traditional upright corded cleaner

Comment

On a slightly related note I ordered the Dyson V6 Fluffy from Alternate (German website) for £264 including delivery which is about £100 cheaper than the UK (r)etailers, most likely will be with Euro plug, nothing that a £1 adapter can't solve, wonder if there will be anything else a miss

Comment

Working...
                      X