• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apache 403 error driving me bananas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now working. Not a clue what I did differently. The last thing I did was put "" round the paths and restarted apache. Then it worked. So I took the quotes out and it's still working.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It's now working. Not a clue what I did differently. The last thing I did was put "" round the paths and restarted apache. Then it worked. So I took the quotes out and it's still working.
      Probably the "restarted Apache" bit - I often make changes to Apache configs, forget to restart it, and wonder why they haven't worked

Comment

Seems like a typical sc-sk problem....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Probably the "restarted Apache" bit - I often make changes to Apache configs, forget to restart it, and wonder why they haven't worked
          I was restarting apache after every single change.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Pbkac imho hth kthxbi
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That's the annoying bit. You get it working and you don't know how.
              So next time you have a similar problem...you have no idea how to resolve it.

I wonder if the browser cache was also causing it to appear not to be working? I have that problem when I login to my router. It says it failed when it really hasn't. Just the browser cache F***ing things up.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
              X