• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tax Devil

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax Devil"

Collapse

• RajaStyle
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh Dear. What a pity. Never mind.
    strangely the website is still up and running, still with no address or registered company details. Was considering signing up with them, glad I came to this site to read up first :-)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by RajaStyle View Post
    showing dissolved now

URI
    Oh Dear. What a pity. Never mind.

Leave a comment:

• RajaStyle
    replied
    showing dissolved now

URI

Leave a comment:

• Dohc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We are already all over this lot. It's been picked up on and reported to the relevant authorities.

You didn't happen to get some spam email from a reputable(ish) contractors site with these peoples advert did you?
    Yes it did come through spam from someone / something called "Hannah".

Glad it's been reported / flagged, it was VERY convincing and I fear others less suspecting might sign up.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Director of Tax Devil is a Mr Richard Peter Hazzard:

https://www.duedil.com/company/09065...limited/people

Thats a lot of active directorships...

His most recent looks familiar:

http://onshoretaxsolutions.com
    Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 11 July 2014, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dohc View Post
    Afternoon,

I came across this thread while doing some research. Not sure if this has already been flagged on here but another company called "ONSHORE TAX SOLUTIONS LIMITED" are offering the same scheme claiming to be HMRC approved and backed by Lloyds.

All very convincing, however, when I looked at Companies House it appears they've only been registered since last month.

ONSHORE TAX SOLUTIONS LIMITED
    2 MARTIN HOUSE
    179 - 181 NORTH END ROAD
    LONDON
    W14 9NL
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Company No. 09065616

Date of Incorporation: 02/06/2014
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom
    We are already all over this lot. It's been picked up on and reported to the relevant authorities.

You didn't happen to get some spam email from a reputable(ish) contractors site with these peoples advert did you?

Leave a comment:

• Dohc
    replied
    another scam

Afternoon,

I came across this thread while doing some research. Not sure if this has already been flagged on here but another company called "ONSHORE TAX SOLUTIONS LIMITED" are offering the same scheme claiming to be HMRC approved and backed by Lloyds.

All very convincing, however, when I looked at Companies House it appears they've only been registered since last month.

ONSHORE TAX SOLUTIONS LIMITED
    2 MARTIN HOUSE
    179 - 181 NORTH END ROAD
    LONDON
    W14 9NL
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Company No. 09065616

Date of Incorporation: 02/06/2014
    Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Hannah has also recommended Vanilla Umbrella to me this week.

Their website doesn't render properly on Chrome on Linux, and there's no company details on there to be able to look much further.

Their address is the same 8 Vernon Place, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3HG as some of the others, though.
    CORRECTION - it was Hannah at contractjobs.com that sent me Vanilla Umbrella. Too many Hannah's, too many schemes.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Edit: Did a quick trawl back through my emails to try and track down whether I really was registered with contractjobs.com and came across another email with an address of [email protected] from "Hannah" at Contractor Pay Ltd.
    I'm missing out - Contractor Pay can get "Rates of return as high as 90%"

Quick, sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Hannah has also recommended Vanilla Umbrella to me this week.

Their website doesn't render properly on Chrome on Linux, and there's no company details on there to be able to look much further.

Their address is the same 8 Vernon Place, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3HG as some of the others, though.
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 4 June 2014, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Yes they are. Contractor Jobs is the company that has been spamming people with Tax Devil emails. They are owned by 888 Recruitment, who have Darren Browne and his wife as directors. Darren is MD of the Networking Group which is a multimillion pound operation owning a wide range of recruitment related businesses, all of which he is a director of.

The point I was trying to make is that spinning up a "Tax Efficient" payroll operation, which is how Tax Devil is being promoted, would be a logical extension of that business and more likely to inspire confidence than one that appears to have sprung, fully formed, out of nothing, overnight and makes the same retention claims as the rest of them.

Unless of course they know the whole premise is dodgy in the current climate and don't want to make that association.

The director details will help confirm the connection on e they are available.
    This perhaps

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Aren't the Networking Group recruiters
    Yes they are. Contractor Jobs is the company that has been spamming people with Tax Devil emails. They are owned by 888 Recruitment, who have Darren Browne and his wife as directors. Darren is MD of the Networking Group which is a multimillion pound operation owning a wide range of recruitment related businesses, all of which he is a director of.

The point I was trying to make is that spinning up a "Tax Efficient" payroll operation, which is how Tax Devil is being promoted, would be a logical extension of that business and more likely to inspire confidence than one that appears to have sprung, fully formed, out of nothing, overnight and makes the same retention claims as the rest of them.

Unless of course they know the whole premise is dodgy in the current climate and don't want to make that association.

The director details will help confirm the connection on e they are available.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    What gets me is that if they are, as it appears, part of the Networking Group, then why didn't they leverage that to back up their claims. People would be far more likely to trust them as part of a big name company with money in the bank and a proven track record than if they just appear over night and spam people with the usual OTT retention claims.
    Aren't the Networking Group recruiters

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    What gets me is that if they are, as it appears, part of the Networking Group, then why didn't they leverage that to back up their claims. People would be far more likely to trust them as part of a big name company with money in the bank and a proven track record than if they just appear over night and spam people with the usual OTT retention claims.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Which would explain why there was no record of them previously, and really puts the lie to their claims to have been in business for 14 or 25 years.
    They may have been in business for 14 years but not under this name - have tried to get info on directors but DueDil hasn't even registered them yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X