• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Devil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Oh jeez, I've just been followed on Twitter by @taxdevilpayroll ...
    Me too. I'm just waiting for an appropriate time to comment on twitter on these schemes.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Just received this from them:

Originally posted by Tax Devil
      Subject: Contractor Tax News
      Date: 3 June 2014 12:01:07 BST
      To: DaveB
      Reply-To: andrei.shelton

I thought that maybe as a Contractor you would be interested in this.

Tax Devil is a tried and trusted UK-based payroll solutions provider that has been helping its customers for over 14 years.

Our you tube video explains in just a few minutes how we help you take home more of your pay, safely and securely:

Play Video

Our solutions have been running for over 14 years and are fully compliant with existing and proposed legislation. Our retention rates can help you to increase your take-home pay significantly over either PAYE or standard Umbrella.

We are extremely competitive compared with the more exotic offshore providers; but with a degree of safety they cannot match. We are based solely on the UK mainland and your funds remain onshore. We understand that as well as a great retention rate, safety, security and service are top of your priorities, and we excel in all three.

To take home more of your pay, safely and securely, request an illustration now, or give us a call on 0203 131 8984

Kind regards,

Hannah Wilson
      Tax Devil.co.uk
      amy@domainname
      0203 131 8984
      Still no company details in the email, claims to have been going for 14 years but apparently can't give consistent contact details. Sent from one name, signed in another with an email address for a third.

This mail claims they have been going for 14 years, I found another claiming 25 years.

Edit: Did a quick trawl back through my emails to try and track down whether I really was registered with contractjobs.com and came across another email with an address of [email protected] from "Hannah" at Contractor Pay Ltd.

No real time to dig now, but it looks like there is a connection between Contractor Pay Ltd and Tax Devil.

Interestingly, according to Companies House, Contractor Pay Ltd was dissolved in 2010.

the Domain Name for contractor-pay.co.uk is registered to :
      Originally posted by nominet
      Domain name:
      contractor-pay.co.uk

Registrant:
      iain nicholson

Registrant type:
      Unknown

Registrant's address:
      xxxxxxxxxxxx
      Canterbury
      Kent
      CT1 xxx
      United Kingdom
      Iain appears to be this chap who describes himself as an IT Contractor and lists "High Profile tax planners" among his clients.

All the emails I've had connected to Tax Devil (3 in total, I checked the spam folder and found another one) have featured contractjobs.co.uk as the source domain for the email, one from info@ and two from Andrei Shelton.

According to their info page Contractjobs.com is owned and operated by 888 Recruitment.

Andrei is listed as a Director of 888 Recruitment Ltd alongside Darren Browne and his wife Sonia. Darren is also director of one of the largest privately held recruitment organisations in the country - Networkers Group Holdings Plc.

Still nothing conclusive about Tax Devil, but some connections do seem to be appearing.

***Admin note 2014.10.10 - I have removed the email addresses from the top email only and have seen the email in its original form so do not doubt the validity of the message.***
      Last edited by administrator; 10 October 2014, 10:34. Reason: Removed incorrect details dug up due to misplaced '-' in the domain name.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Name & Registered Office:
        TAX DEVIL LIMITED
        FIRST FLOOR
        124 - 126 WARDOUR STREET
        LONDON
        UNITED KINGDOM
        W1F 0TY
        Company No. 09065612

Date of Incorporation: 02/06/2014
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Name & Registered Office:
          TAX DEVIL LIMITED
          FIRST FLOOR
          124 - 126 WARDOUR STREET
          LONDON
          UNITED KINGDOM
          W1F 0TY
          Company No. 09065612

Date of Incorporation: 02/06/2014
          Which would explain why there was no record of them previously, and really puts the lie to their claims to have been in business for 14 or 25 years.

No director details available yet from the usual sources, probably due to delays in updating companies house records. I think I can probably guess at least two of the names we'll see when they are available.
          Last edited by DaveB; 4 June 2014, 07:17.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Which would explain why there was no record of them previously, and really puts the lie to their claims to have been in business for 14 or 25 years.
            They may have been in business for 14 years but not under this name - have tried to get info on directors but DueDil hasn't even registered them yet

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

What gets me is that if they are, as it appears, part of the Networking Group, then why didn't they leverage that to back up their claims. People would be far more likely to trust them as part of a big name company with money in the bank and a proven track record than if they just appear over night and spam people with the usual OTT retention claims.

Comment

What gets me is that if they are, as it appears, part of the Networking Group, then why didn't they leverage that to back up their claims. People would be far more likely to trust them as part of a big name company with money in the bank and a proven track record than if they just appear over night and spam people with the usual OTT retention claims.
                Aren't the Networking Group recruiters

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  Aren't the Networking Group recruiters
                  Yes they are. Contractor Jobs is the company that has been spamming people with Tax Devil emails. They are owned by 888 Recruitment, who have Darren Browne and his wife as directors. Darren is MD of the Networking Group which is a multimillion pound operation owning a wide range of recruitment related businesses, all of which he is a director of.

The point I was trying to make is that spinning up a "Tax Efficient" payroll operation, which is how Tax Devil is being promoted, would be a logical extension of that business and more likely to inspire confidence than one that appears to have sprung, fully formed, out of nothing, overnight and makes the same retention claims as the rest of them.

Unless of course they know the whole premise is dodgy in the current climate and don't want to make that association.

The director details will help confirm the connection on e they are available.

Comment

Yes they are. Contractor Jobs is the company that has been spamming people with Tax Devil emails. They are owned by 888 Recruitment, who have Darren Browne and his wife as directors. Darren is MD of the Networking Group which is a multimillion pound operation owning a wide range of recruitment related businesses, all of which he is a director of.

The point I was trying to make is that spinning up a "Tax Efficient" payroll operation, which is how Tax Devil is being promoted, would be a logical extension of that business and more likely to inspire confidence than one that appears to have sprung, fully formed, out of nothing, overnight and makes the same retention claims as the rest of them.

Unless of course they know the whole premise is dodgy in the current climate and don't want to make that association.

The director details will help confirm the connection on e they are available.
                    This perhaps

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Hannah has also recommended Vanilla Umbrella to me this week.

Their website doesn't render properly on Chrome on Linux, and there's no company details on there to be able to look much further.

Their address is the same 8 Vernon Place, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3HG as some of the others, though.
                      Last edited by TheFaQQer; 4 June 2014, 08:55.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X