• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Be careful when picking an FCSA umbrella"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by KUWTC View Post
    The FCSA have amended their charter again, in the wake of this week's news, I imagine https://www.fcsa.org.uk/wp-content/u..._vOct-2021.pdf

They've publicly announced it on LinkedIn, which sounds like a slight improvement on how they announced/made members aware of the last change... https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...2768304742401/

“Oh, oh! We didn’t mean it really!!”

Leave a comment:

• KUWTC
    replied
    The FCSA have amended their charter again, in the wake of this week's news, I imagine https://www.fcsa.org.uk/wp-content/u..._vOct-2021.pdf

They've publicly announced it on LinkedIn, which sounds like a slight improvement on how they announced/made members aware of the last change... https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...2768304742401/

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by regron View Post

Oh do **** OFF. permie ban accepted.
    Accepting bans before they are issued is a bannable offense.

Leave a comment:

• regron
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Yet you haven't edited / deleted the previous post to remove the link
    Oh do **** OFF. permie ban accepted.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

I've done the needful.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by regron View Post
    Ah, fell for it... My bad

Leave a comment:

• regron
    replied
    Ah, fell for it... My bad

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So that's a pile of insults on a website pretending to be the FCSAs...

Sorry but it really does not do you and any argument you may have any favours.

Leave a comment:

• regron
    replied
    There is also this:

Biggest Ever Fraud In The Employment History Of The United Kingdom - Self Confession Of Phil Pluck

<link removed>

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    They’re peeved because it was brought out into the open, they probably thought that they had gotten away with it.
    there is more to it than that.

What would be more interesting to know is why did some umbrella firms want the change?
    Why didn't FCSA's management think about how the change would look?
    Why didn't the FCSA mention that the charter had changed to its existing members?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    They’re peeved because it was brought out into the open, they probably thought that they had gotten away with it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Because the person who told me about it got it from a third party and I was expecting them to make a bigger song and dance about it.

As for the FCSA article the FCSA audit has a fundamental flaw contained within it (the audit only looks at the details made available by the umbrella).
    I thought you were going to mention that one where the cost is so high and some elements which put the bar too high for for new smaller set ups to join but they can't reach that bar while FCSA requirement dominates the market

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by KUWTC View Post

Why could you not talk about it before?

The article seems to have got the FCSA all het up... https://www.fcsa.org.uk/fcsa-respond...mputer-weekly/
    Because the person who told me about it got it from a third party and I was expecting them to make a bigger song and dance about it.

As for the FCSA article the FCSA audit has a fundamental flaw contained within it (the audit only looks at the details made available by the umbrella).

Leave a comment:

• KUWTC
    replied
    The FCSA changed their charter back in March (at the request of some members) to allow members to offer offshore schemes provided its no more than 25% of their business. and are understatements of my opinion

Full Computer Weekly article is up at IR35: FCSA defends Charter change that lets umbrella firms operate offshore setups (computerweekly.com) so I can finally talk and post about it.
    Why could you not talk about it before?

The article seems to have got the FCSA all het up... https://www.fcsa.org.uk/fcsa-respond...mputer-weekly/

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Don't see why not.

The aim of any company is to make money for its shareholders. FCSA is a company. QED.

Also Crawford Temple was talking bull*t 20 years ago. I don't see that he has improved since.
    Technically the FCSA is a Private company limited by guarantee without share capital - i.e. a closed shop..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X