• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umberella company offering increased take home under IR35"

Collapse

• randomname
    replied
    Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

That's not the website that's a completely different company...

I can find no trace of contractorteam.co.uk beyond the website and the phone number on it and I'm not going near those options.
    Nope, nor can I. Nothing on CoHo. Nothing about the legal business details on their website (which is illegal). Lots of talk about international financial services.

And what UK company describes its staff as "UK based"...??

Run away. Screaming is optional.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    From companies house:

Nature of business (SIC) 43390 - Other building completion and finishing

Looks like servicing the building industry. Set up in 2018. Hmm. Sure, I'd trust them with my money...
    That's not the website that's a completely different company...

I can find no trace of contractorteam.co.uk beyond the website and the phone number on it and I'm not going near those options.

Edit to add - the actual checks to make are:

1) the website should list company details - it doesn't on the home page, nor the t&cs nor the cookie policy.
    2) nominet.uk/whois should list who the company is - you can complain to force them to display the information but it's not worth the hassle.

As neither of those things tell you anything there is nothing that allows any to trace the website back to it's owner.
    Last edited by eek; 3 September 2021, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    From companies house:

Nature of business (SIC) 43390 - Other building completion and finishing

Looks like servicing the building industry. Set up in 2018. Hmm. Sure, I'd trust them with my money...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by randomname View Post
    hmm, i didnt ask them if they were HMRC or QC approved. I will ask them the question. They call themselves contractorteam.co.uk.

Anyone care to look them up?
    That isn't an umbrella firm - it's a sales lead generation firm...

Leave a comment:

• randomname
    replied
    hmm, i didnt ask them if they were HMRC or QC approved. I will ask them the question. They call themselves contractorteam.co.uk.

Anyone care to look them up?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

And QC approved. Very important that. (And did they give the QC's name?)
    Robert “I approve of the lunch this scheme is paying for “Venables, Q.C.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    Don't tell me they said they were HMRC approved too???
    And QC approved. Very important that. (And did they give the QC's name?)

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Don't tell me they said they were HMRC approved too???

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Thanks, i guessed so. Not sure if i can post their name here?
    Definitely post their name here. People do search the forums to see if any company has been discussed before so very useful if their name is here to warn others.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A company offering a service? Why would they object? Don't post a link though.

Leave a comment:

• randomname
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Warn your friends and colleagues.

What was the name of the company offering this service? How did you get to hear of them?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Any warning signs - none apart from a very large one visible form outside this galaxy and all points within it

jist don’t do it

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Two words.

Run.
    Away.

They will cream off a profit and when the tax man comes a-calling, you'll have a huge debt plus interest, and they'll disappear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X