• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Recording Software

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recording Software"

Collapse

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Have you looked into editing software and deep-fake tools, so you can change your recording to say what you want it to afterwards? Nobody else will have a recording to disprove your claim "look I specifically mentioned this point and you all signed off on it"
    I have 3 pages of stuff I will be mentioning. Trust me I will get through all 3 pages.
    The lawyers might not like editing and deep faking if they get involved in this. - It is highly likely lawyers will be getting involved the way this s**t show is going.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Have you looked into editing software and deep-fake tools, so you can change your recording to say what you want it to afterwards? Nobody else will have a recording to disprove your claim "look I specifically mentioned this point and you all signed off on it"

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I used the Windows Game Bar to record a lecture that was being presented on Teams yesterday evening and it worked well. It wasn't one with audio participation so I can't comment on how it behaved with capturing my speech but the presenters' speech and the presentation they gave was all captured well.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    If you can't add software or use the USB, how about an authentic 80's cinema recording stylee, using you mobile phone stuck behind you, complete with some rustling sweetie wrappers and popcorn for good measure
    LOL, a camcorder parked my shoulder has been considered if all else fails!

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Going to look at OBS and Camtasia and run tests this weekend.
    The video conference is being hosted by an NHS Trust on their setup.
    Lets just say I am having a lot of issues with this NHS trust and for that reason this video conference has to be recorded.
    I had to issue a Subject Request Notice and stuff was missing and a lot of stuff was incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Twitch

Do you require the video and audio? I'm pretty sure ffmpeg can do this though OBS sounds a good option.

Can I suggest, if this is important, you do a dry run first? Not suggesting you're daft but I have rarely had any broadcast/recording go according to plan even when I DO know what I'm doing. So easy to screw up an audio source setting or whatever and find you recorded a different window, or you only have your audio, etc.
    Especially if you cannot easily tell/test it's working live.
    Twitch seems to be the thing of the moment. I have no idea what that is.

I have definitely come a cropper with recording and only picking up my audio rather than all. It's a good shout to do a test.

Leave a comment:

• Ploptimus
    replied
    If you just need it transcribed check out https://otter.ai/

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    If you can't add software or use the USB, how about an authentic 80's cinema recording stylee, using you mobile phone stuck behind you, complete with some rustling sweetie wrappers and popcorn for good measure

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

I thought these needed the portableapps.com platform installed on a memory card or USB stick to operate. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as that platform is pretty slick. I have had a memory stick with portableapps.com installled handy since about 2006. Very useful for getting access to certain stuff on client site if you can use USB keys on their kit and the portableapps.exe isn't blocked by a policy (For example I have been able to access webmail, banking etc where it is blocked by policy by using portable firefox)
    I was a huge fan of portableapps, but I haven't had a client accept usb's or the .exe since about 2014.

(I used tiddlywiki's but stopped using those until I was able to use my own PC as well)

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Twitch

Do you require the video and audio? I'm pretty sure ffmpeg can do this though OBS sounds a good option.

Can I suggest, if this is important, you do a dry run first? Not suggesting you're daft but I have rarely had any broadcast/recording go according to plan even when I DO know what I'm doing. So easy to screw up an audio source setting or whatever and find you recorded a different window, or you only have your audio, etc.
    Especially if you cannot easily tell/test it's working live.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I thought these needed the portableapps.com platform installed on a memory card or USB stick to operate. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as that platform is pretty slick. I have had a memory stick with portableapps.com installled handy since about 2006. Very useful for getting access to certain stuff on client site if you can use USB keys on their kit and the portableapps.exe isn't blocked by a policy (For example I have been able to access webmail, banking etc where it is blocked by policy by using portable firefox)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Camtasia

Don't ask why just trust me as someone who records hundred of User Research interviews it's the best product out there
    It is, but if you don't need all that functionality and expense Snagit and Movie Maker is fine.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    As a slightly OT aside, are there any that don't need to be installed and just run from a self-contained executable?
    Not tried it myself

https://portableapps.com/apps/utilit...tudio_portable

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As a slightly OT aside, are there any that don't need to be installed and just run from a self-contained executable?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Camtasia

Don't ask why just trust me as someone who records hundred of User Research interviews it's the best product out there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X