• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accessing the forums"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Outside at the Manc Xmas do. Bare knuckles and tops off. Greasing up with lard beforehand is not allowed
    Which reminds me. I must make sure Churchill is coming along. Cheaper than a bouncer.....

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied

It should work OK from the home page. The forums.contractoruk.com domain got disabled due to my stupidity, it is up again now and redirecting as it should but have also edited the menu on the site to link to the right place so avoiding the redirect. Sometimes browser caching can be a pain, if you see the "Stuff" page again then try refreshing the page, it might well redirect you at that point.
    Works now!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Next, are you going to fix the problem with the app, where you can’t use the single line text box to make a reply, you need to hit the + and get the full text box open.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Oh get you. Someone has had their Shreddies today.

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
    I've been getting the "Stuff. It works!" message as the shortcut I use is to the CUK front page, and then the forum link from there. That link appears to be incorrect now.
    It should work OK from the home page. The forums.contractoruk.com domain got disabled due to my stupidity, it is up again now and redirecting as it should but have also edited the menu on the site to link to the right place so avoiding the redirect. Sometimes browser caching can be a pain, if you see the "Stuff" page again then try refreshing the page, it might well redirect you at that point.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    I've been getting the "Stuff. It works!" message as the shortcut I use is to the CUK front page, and then the forum link from there. That link appears to be incorrect now.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Outside at the Manc Xmas do. Bare knuckles and tops off. Greasing up with lard beforehand is not allowed
    Oh get you. Someone has had their Shreddies today.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Inside or outside?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Actually, someone here might be able to help with email deliverability. Will try and write something up shortly.
    Inside or outside?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Sorry, chasing my tail with DKIM, SPF and MS Outlook mail protection being a winker. All sorted now, thanks for letting me know! Thought I had moved the A record but it was clearly still pointing to the server where I disabled the old site while doing some tidying...

Actually, someone here might be able to help with email deliverability. Will try and write something up shortly.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Same issues on Edge , Chrome and IE11.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Go in via www.contractoruk.com/forums/ on both and it's business as usual on both. So something up with forums.contractoruk.com then...?
    That works.

I'll ping Admin.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Weird, it's now working on my desktop using edge but not if I use firefox.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Most odd. Hasn't worked on the PC for a few days. As of yesterday it doesn't work on the phone.

However...

Go in via www.contractoruk.com/forums/ on both and it's business as usual on both. So something up with forums.contractoruk.com then...?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's still there, it's a 304 error, coming from apache on ubuntu.

The if-modified-since is 28th November 2017.

I think Mr Cache needs cleaned out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Yes, I had that all day from my desktop.

I assumed it was a new "you're banned again" page.
    Could a mod help him with his assumption

For like a month or so?.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Yes, I had that all day from my desktop.

I assumed it was a new "you're banned again" page.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X