• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Custom art services?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    If in London, you could try Leicester Sq, Southbank - always loads of people drawing up either caricatures or other stuff. You could ask them if they want to make some money on the side while waiting for tourists
    I'm not but good thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Bluespider
    replied
    I Use People per hour for any art work i need. (websites logos etc)
    Cost versus quality has always been spot on. You can pitch your requirements and they will come to you with prices for the work then you can take your pick from those.

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    If in London, you could try Leicester Sq, Southbank - always loads of people drawing up either caricatures or other stuff. You could ask them if they want to make some money on the side while waiting for tourists

Leave a comment:

• madhippy
    replied
    Upwork

I've used upwork.com (formerly mydesk) for art work for a web project ... pretty straightforward, $50 for a decent full colour 'cartoony' image. Your requirements sound a lot simpler, if you were to offer ~$5 an image I'm sure it would work out ok.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why would I make myself a colouring book you muppet?

Again - THIS ISN'T GENERAL.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It wouldn't actually be a photo of me. The specific project is I'd like to get some photos turned into a colouring book. So they'd need to be converted to line-drawings and then an additional step done to break the image into little chunks.
    Have you got your "special" dhoog crayons to colour them in? Can you do it without sticking your tongue out like this ?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It wouldn't actually be a photo of me. The specific project is I'd like to get some photos turned into a colouring book. So they'd need to be converted to line-drawings and then an additional step done to break the image into little chunks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    local college art department? they can make it a class project,

Draw a picture of d000hg that doesn't cause everyone to vomit?

I see NLUK used a picture of himself as inspiration - see the set of the chin

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    <cough>This isn't General</cough>

So Fiverr... basically rentacoder for artists?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I know where he keeps his dinner time snack.

In The Lunchpack of Notre Dame!

My daughter told me that joke when she was six so it's funny ok?
    If you are six.....
    Last edited by northernladuk; 19 November 2015, 21:29.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Here you go. I didn't have a picture of you so had to use a bit of imagination. Can you pay in cash please?

I know where he keeps his dinner time snack.

In The Lunchpack of Notre Dame!

My daughter told me that joke when she was six so it's funny ok?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Does anyone know any places (online) who do artwork based on your own photos or what-have-you? I don't mean "print your photo on a mug" but "draw a sketch of you on a mug from a photo", for instance.

I was particularly interested in the idea of getting photos turned into line drawings, with the idea of creating a colouring book or something. I imagine that might be done digitally but would still require someone quite skilled.

Any suggestions where I might look? Etsy? One of the rentacoder-esque sites?
    Here you go. I didn't have a picture of you so had to use a bit of imagination. Can you pay in cash please?

Leave a comment:

• gixxer
    replied
    have the foto transformed into a picture on fiverr, then print your mug wherever

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    If it's a sketch they can make me look better. Might need a very good imagination.
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    FTFY
    FTFTFYFY

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    If it's a sketch they can make me look better. Might need a very good Plastic Surgeon.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X