• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Got a question about a change management strategy...."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I read it and hear blah, blah, blah in my head.
    cojak & SM hear cash registers who is right?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What a load of old guff. Sounds like a public sector wet dream to spend tax payers money....
    Who do you think they spend it on

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What a load of old guff. Sounds like a public sector wet dream to spend tax payers money....
    We earn a load of dosh out of it, sweet cheeks...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh, I quite agree. The strap line on my Twitter account is 'When Real Life meets Best Practice, Real Life usually wins.'
    I prefer, "Best Practice, the first thing that is usally cut when things go wrong"

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I still think Eek has the right approach "Dump it and run"
    Oh, I quite agree. The strap line on my Twitter account is 'When Real Life meets Best Practice, Real Life usually wins.'

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Sorry - that should have read 'Maybe ST [the process] should simply be Service Implementation? '

Dufus...
    I still think Eek has the right approach "Dump it and run"

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    My last rate was a hike up....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Its simple, Cojak charges more than me, so I would say she is right and I am wrong
    knowing both your rates, are you sure about that.....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No wonder the OP is confused. I certainly am
    I read it and hear blah, blah, blah in my head.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I was getting at Service Transition (in the OPs question) is about more than just Change, wether you call it Transition/Introduction/Acceptance the objective should be the same.

I'm not sure if Introduction/Acceptance has come in new versions of ITIL or just names used in the wider ITSM community, guess I need to brush up on the latest terms
    Sorry - that should have read 'Maybe ST [the process] should simply be Service Implementation? '

Dufus...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Its simple, Cojak charges more than me, so I would say she is right and I am wrong

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I was getting at Service Transition (in the OPs question) is about more than just Change, wether you call it Transition/Introduction/Acceptance the objective should be the same.

I'm not sure if Introduction/Acceptance has come in new versions of ITIL or just names used in the wider ITSM community, guess I need to brush up on the latest terms
    Isn't it just called dump (introduce) and run (acceptance).... or am I looking at it from the money saving viewpoint of its finished we can bin the contractor now....
    Last edited by eek; 2 July 2015, 07:31.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yes, but you also pointed out earlier that Service Transition is an over-arching term for Change, Release and Deployment.

Maybe ST should simply be Service Introduction?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X