• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got a question about a change management strategy....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been asked to review such a document for communications input. It doesn't make any mention at all of service transition activity. Would this sit in another document or is it missing, as I suspect it is??
    And is this question in the right forum?!!

Isn't that a review comment to feed back to the author?

Comment

It depends, do you have some sort of separate operational acceptance process?

Technically Change Management is a part of Service Transition, along with Release Management, Configuration Management, Testing, Operational Acceptance, Early Life Support, Knowledge Transfer (I could go on here).

What is the purpose of the document, is it to manage the change, if so the answer to your question is no it doesn't belong here, if its to manage a service going life you have lots of other things missing too and a badly scoped request with inadequate requirements.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It depends what you mean by 'Service Transition' -do you mean Service Introduction? SI would be detailed in a separate doc but you're right, It should be mentioned in the doc you're reviewing (at least in the high-level) explaining the relationship between the two processes with primary hand-offs.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh, and yes, you've posted in the right forum.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

This is where ITSM is running ahead of the ITIL books. You have Service Transition Managers who are actually doing Service Introduction.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              This is where ITSM is running ahead of the ITIL books. You have Service Transition Managers who are actually doing Service Introduction.
              I always class them as two sides of the same coin, Service Transition is helping the project hand over to BAU, Service Introduction/Acceptance is BAU recieving the service from the Project.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes, but you also pointed out earlier that Service Transition is an over-arching term for Change, Release and Deployment.

Maybe ST should simply be Service Introduction?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Yes, but you also pointed out earlier that Service Transition is an over-arching term for Change, Release and Deployment.

Maybe ST should simply be Service Introduction?
                  I was getting at Service Transition (in the OPs question) is about more than just Change, wether you call it Transition/Introduction/Acceptance the objective should be the same.

I'm not sure if Introduction/Acceptance has come in new versions of ITIL or just names used in the wider ITSM community, guess I need to brush up on the latest terms

Comment

No wonder the OP is confused. I certainly am
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X